3D Printed Lens Removal Tool

In one of the Facebook groups someone that lives in Canada was upset with the cost of shipping a couple of these to Canada (crazy $117.00). I looked around and couldn’t find anyone else that already created a version to print, so I made one myself.

21 Likes

They have been made in wood and the design posted.

Not as pretty as yours but you don’t need the 3D printer to do it :grin:

7 Likes

And it’s way faster to laser.

1 Like

From one perspective yes. Figuring personal work time as bundling the effort in whatever design and prep chunks. For me it would be faster to 3D print since I’d put in less time designing and assembling.

For me it’s net time working rather than gross time to completion.

10 Likes

I think it’s very cool!

4 Likes

It would be interesting to have 8 magnets at one end and two at the other so they would hold on to the lens but not as strong as the head magnet.

4 Likes

And for me net time working making a layered item is very fast. The cut and assembly is far faster for me than 3d printing and setting magnets.

1 Like

I have magnets the same diameter as the thin bamboo skewers
x 1/16" so 2 circles of 1/4" wood with 8 holes for skewers with magnets at the ends could look cool but I have 3 now as I have had to replace the machine twice, so I will not be needing one soon.

1 Like

Great Idea.

5 Likes

Very nicely done!

2 Likes

The directional arrows are a nice touch, and a magnetic hold to insert the lens is a big improvement over the stock design, instead of balancing on top. Nice work!

3 Likes

How indecent… I can see your layer lines. :rofl:

Actually, that’s a very clean print. Very nice. I’d print it in resin on a mono screen’d printer and that would probably take less than an hour to print. And that… isn’t so much slower than lasering and gluing things together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, but thank rbtdanforth for the Idea of putting a couple of magnets on the install end.

2 Likes

This was printed at .16 w/ 25% infill @ 50 MM/s and took 1hr 40min. No Rafts, No Supports.

3 Likes

Fantastic!!! Love this type of project. Nice work.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.