3D Printer sales

Mmmmm, yeah! :yum:

1 Like

They were yummy, but the staff forgot to give them to the cast last night. Very sad. :frowning:

2 Likes

Likely so they could eat them themselvesā€¦ :smile:

2 Likes

So, I finally broke down and bought the Anycubic Photon. Iā€™m hoping that Iā€™ll have time to set it up over the weekend. Assuming that I quickly learn how to use it, and can deal with the fume issues, now I need to come up with a creative project where I can combine all of my 3D printing, CNC and GF tools into a single effort.

1 Like

If so, I hope they get really sick! Thatā€™s a LOT of cupcakes, even if they are minis.

2 Likes

I love my Mk3 (although it is down now, after I did the MMU 2.0 upgrade which included the V3 extruder upgrade, something is very wrong in the filament path inside the V6, which I suspect is somehow bad PTFE tubing as it is extremely hard to feed even manually into the hotend). My prior printer was an E3D BigBox which was a workhorse and produced beautiful big prints, but was a lot more manual, but when you got it tuned right was awesome.

Oh, you all are such enablers! :smirk:

Look what just finished building at my house!

Didnā€™t take 10 days like the one above, but pretty excited for my very first print! (After a Benchy, of course!)

I went with a Reliabuild 3D. Fun to put togetherā€¦good thing I have an engineer father who likes to help!

7 Likes

Nice print. I have this on my list of projects to do (which seems to consistently get longer, not shorter).

I havenā€™t seen those printers before, but they look pretty good. Congratulations.

It looks like thereā€™s still some over extrusion on that print, so additional tuning should make it look even better right off the bed.

2 Likes

Incredible.

Banana for scale :grin:

2 Likes

Dang it! Knew I forgot something! :grinning:

Iā€™m doing them all 1:270 scaleā€¦so this little guy is about 5 inches. I was going to do the Orville tooā€¦but it would be huge!!!

4 Likes

Toner Plastic has PLA on clearance for 2.2lb/$10. Got some last time they had it clearance and it prints well. Just stocked up on 6 more spools.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of them, but they have a few colors that Iā€™ve not seen before. Iā€™ll have to check them out.

1 Like

TBH its the only brand I have used so I have limited comparison but they print well for me so far on the MK3. They had a clearance when I bought my printer so I ordered 6 spools to practice on, and well I am still using those and now have another 6 coming. :smiley: Their normal price is around $31.

1 Like

Thanks for that link. Thatā€™s several dollars cheaper than Iā€™ve been using. Even with shipping it beats A##zon Prime.

1 Like

Thanks. Bought a stash. I should be good for awhile now!

1 Like

While working through a whole slew of laser projects that I was behind on, I decided to try switching firmware on one of my Ender 3s. I installed Klipper as a replacement for Marlin; Klipper uses a Raspberry Pi to drive the calculations, and only uses the onboard controller to drive the steppers. I was able to drive the printer up to 100mm/s with acceptable results.

Imgur

4 Likes

Looks like they still have some stock.

2 Likes

I got the platinum silver, which I think is now out of stock. My printer settings arenā€™t quite dialed in, but that filament is pretty.

1 Like

Yeah! I got three spools of the Platinum Silver but they shipped me Silver Linings. The other colors differed from what I ordered to what they say now. The other on there now still was Rustic Red = > Bright Maroon. I do like the silver tho.

1 Like

FYI, for anyone thatā€™s purchased the Ender 3 recently: some people have reported the power connectors burning up.

2 Likes