3D relief Map with Proofgrade Plywood

way to salvage the project. And Interesting, I’ve never used that type of glue for wood projects before. I’ll have to try it out some time to see how it compares to tightbond 2 in terms of strength. Thanks for the tip.

I now have my GF and am doing what you have talked about learning by doing. From my past, your idea of registration holes that you can use as you stack the layers seems to be a great idea, and a great way to keep your parts correctly positioned.

You produced a beautiful project, congratulations on a job well done. Prototypes are a great way to learn, and improve.

1 Like

I also want to make some of those. I have been thinking of using Fastcap 2P-10. I use it a bunch on wood projects, jigs, templates, etc . It is a two-part ten-second adhesive. Put the adhesive on one side and spray the activator on the other then stick and hold 10 seconds. It is specially formulated for wood and while i am not sure exactly how it works it does seem better than other Cyanoacrylate glues for wood. You can ever put a few drops of it on the wood and then use regular wood glue as well. “no clamping gluing”

I also think I will stain the sheets before I cut them .

Keep letting us know how you are coming along with this.

1 Like