4 Slot Lightswitch Cover

I’m sure you are right. The only time I’ve seen them is on wooden covers, and I had erroneously assumed they were for strength.

You absolutely should use the backer for fire safety, the added strength is just a bonus.

4 Likes

Oh, yes for the labels!!! Our house was ‘re-wired’ by the former inhabitant (a carpenter who thought he could do anything) and are so confusing that after 25 years I still have to stop and think. I love the colors - I’m usually too timid to try anything like that, but I’m working up to it.

5 Likes

Very Mission looking!

3 Likes

Very impressive. I wonder if several layers of the aluminum tape would work.

2 Likes

Thanks for calling me out on this. After thinking about it, a thin layer of foam/rubber would be safest. You wouldnt want anything conductive but also you’d want something less flamable. I’ve put a lot of metal covers on boxes that include a foam/rubber gasket to help keep things water tight.

3 Likes

Were you the one that I was talking to about that in another post? LOL I couldn’t remember for the life of me.

I appreciate your feedback! This is very helpful.

2 Likes

Needs LED text back lighting! Nice work.

2 Likes

I’m so not the electronics girl (which is sad since 1/4 of my degree was lighting design)!
I want to remake my house lights so they’re visible at night so I may have to figure that stuff out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

very creative and practical. Wish I had nickel for every time I flipped the wrong switch

2 Likes

I was one of them for sure.

4 Likes