4" Tile (4.25in x 4.25in) Frame - Flat or Wall Mount

thanks. i like the way you created the space to make the flush key mount on yours. i never really thought about making a wall mount frame.

The plan is to make her a bunch as a gift, in different colors and grid them to hang on the wall. I like it better than one large frame with cutouts.

Something like this

16 Likes

Really great design and share. Many thanks!

Good design, thank you for sharing.

Thank you. Very nice and functional design. Love the idea of using multiple of these for a collage.

Thank you! You could go a lot of ways with just a few simple changes. For example if you move the keyhole to the corner at 45 degrees…

Could also round the corners on some of the frames to create an interesting look.

11 Likes

Thank you so much for this gift. I am so grateful. I am just learning how to use a laser, incorporate my art, actually do more than just draw on paper and now etching on tile. So I gave it a try today and made a frame box using your design. I love it!! I put my first etching into it and I think it looks so nice. I added a design on the sides. I also am thinking to add a slot in the back to drop in notes and secrets…cuz it has a hiding place! I don’t know that it needs anything added to help it stand. Mine stood up just fine. I used 1/8 Baltic Birch. And…this is the first thing I have ever put together like this in my life. lol

16 Likes

Really nice. I love how your design on sides hide the finger joints a bit.

1 Like

Beautiful! Yes the design on the sides almost make the finger joints look like stitches in leather.

Edit: Forgot to say, it’s not so much that I felt adding a dowel rod hole would help it stand up, it does that fine, it’s the fear of it getting knocked down hard or the display table being bumped and it crashing to the floor face down. Otherwise I agree, if you assemble it plumb, it has more than enough surface to stand fine!

2 Likes

Love your drawing etched on tile and displayed in your self made frame. I look forward to seeing more of your artwork expressed with the help of the laser.

1 Like

Isn’t that the coolest feeling in the world? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yes, amazing and so worth taking the time to learn. I love the marriage of all these things - art, computer, laser, and then something beautiful. It’s addicting!

6 Likes

I am very blessed to have a husband who learned wood working from his dad. Before going to work the other day, he showed me how to put the frame together and then let me play. Awesome having a mentor in my own home.

3 Likes

Hi! I might be too late but you mentioned you would like a program for boxes. Box-o-matic. It’s a fantastic app you can get in the app store. You can only get it for the phone and ipads, but it allows it to be saved as a svg. Really an awesome app!

3 Likes

Thank you! That is so helpful!

1 Like

I love your idea! The hanging frame looks great. Please post an image of the final project. I bet it’s going to look great. Also, thanks for the share!

2 Likes

How do get the color in there

Do you mean color the engraving? If so, folks use different things. I like to use Sharpies and wipe off the spillover ink with melamine (magic eraser) sponges. :slightly_smiling_face:. Please share what you make!

3 Likes

I made some and i’ve used Rub N’ Buff. it works great!!Also, this is the box i made using the Box-o-matic app rX58HROWSSG9njyAVdhWlA|500x500

18 Likes

Everything looks great in acrylic. :grinning:

2 Likes