483 Bomb Group

A buddy of mine who’s dad served and flew missions on a B17 during WWII asked me to recreate this piece in acrylic. Pretty much 90% is Acrylic and the intricate pieces are vinyl stickers. Wish I could have done it all in acrylic but that would have been another task on its own.

What do you think?

49 Likes

I think you forgot the picture.

1 Like

Lol yeah accidentally pressed the wrong button

I think it’s great! Well done!

2 Likes

Looks amazing! And I don’t think I could mentally handle doing the entire thing in acrylic, not with all those tiny details.

4 Likes

Yeah I told him I can do the piece but no way I could do the smaller detailed pieces in acrylic. It took me forever to get the eagle in the software correctly for vinyl printing.

2 Likes

really great work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that looks amazing!

2 Likes

Looks great

2 Likes

Wow! Amazing inlay work! :grinning:

2 Likes

That is astonishing! What a lot of pieces you had to cut and fit…it looks really great!

2 Likes

My biggest worry was kerf. I ended up reversing it during the cut as it reduced the kerf when fitting the pieces.

3 Likes

I think it is spectacular!

2 Likes

Fine work, very nice commemoration! :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you.

And thank you to all.

1 Like

Such amazing work! And I think you made the right choice going with vinyl for the details. I did something similar and finally got tired of fighting the tiny pieces it and put it down. If I was to do it again, I’d go vinyl or engrave and paint the small details.

8 Likes

Oh wow that is amazing.

I thought about scoring and painting but wasn’t sure on how to go about it until just recently but by that time the project had already moved onto the vinyl stage.

Will definitely go with painting next time.

1 Like

Thats wonderful. You did a stellar job.

2 Likes

This is great. As a retired Marine I always enjoy this kind of thing.
Thank you for posting it.

2 Likes

Thank you and of course thank you for your service.