5/32 in. Columbia Forest Products PureBond Maple Plywood Settings

Just picked up my order from Home Depot. Here are the settings I used for cutting.

Basic Model

Speed: 184
Power: 100 (Full) Basic Full Power
Focus Height: .138 in or 3.5mm (check you thickness it might vary)

6 Likes

I assume not a Pro…

If you want to send me a sheet, I’d be happy to test it on FULL (Pro), you know, for the good of the community…

5 Likes

100 (full) ? Which is it? 100 or full?

Isn’t 100% full?

Clearly not as you can set it for 100 or for full which is beyond the 100 on the scale.

1 Like

Ah! You do have a Pro.

No, 100% is the same on all models. FULL is only on the Pro and Plus.

Nope. 100 is 100 regardless of which model but full/pro is not the same as full/basic.

1 Like

My apologies, I just assumed it was a shortcut for 100%.

It is confusing the way they do it. However, now it means you don’t need to send me a sheet. Darn…

1 Like

It does sound whacky since 100% is 100% and should in theory be the limit. I liken it to the gas turbine engines I worked on in the navy. We had 100% power and then we also had military over ride or the real 100% I guess lol.

3 Likes

The concept is that “X” setting will give the same results on all machine.

… unless it’s FULL, then, well, no. :smiley:

1 Like

8 Likes

Yeah… that just about covers it! lol…

While that’s true, it’s got nothing to do with the GF. The power scale is not a linear % scale (nor is the speed scale numbers that are something sensible like mm/sec).

Full is 100% (available) power. Available because it’s still less than the max the tube can produce - it’s more along the lines of 100% of the power that will result in reasonably long lifetimes without burning out early.

0-100 are the same on all models. Full is different (40W-ish vs 45W-ish).

3 Likes

math teacher saying

6 Likes

Pretty sure Full is on all 3 models but the power output will be less on the Basic. I have a Basic and I’m positive I have the Full option in the settings…

4 Likes

Yes. There is a setting for both 100% and full on my basic. Why have a different settings option for power if there is no difference? Kind of a grey area. How much more power than the governed 100% ?

1 Like

Interesting… and confusing.

I wonder if that’s a way to guarantee performance as the machines age. 100% might be set to 30W, which all machines can achieve even given variance in tubes. FULL would be “give me all she’s got”!

2 Likes

It also just occurred to me that the setting I gave are not 100% clean machine. So YMMV.

1 Like

As always, non-PG settings should always be considered starting points.