5/32 in. Columbia Forest Products PureBond Maple Plywood Settings

Assuming these are for CUT settings…for my basic, they are:
Med Maple Ply 155, Med Draftboard & White Acrylic 168, Black acrylic 150, Med Cherry Hardwood 189, …

So the Pro cuts settings are ~10% higher, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to actual speed, so you can’t extrapolate increase in power…

2 Likes

if the pro is 45w and basic is 40w, and full power is actual full power, it should be about a 12.5% difference at full power.

1 Like

True, but I’m comparing cut speeds, not power.

They are hideously non-linear. A cut that takes 7 minutes on 100 speed takes 9 seconds at 500.

1 Like

I expect it’s more. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a power “space” between 100 and Full on the Basic. So if a Basic Full is 40W and 100 is 35 (just for supposition), then the power gap on a Full is also 35W at 100 and 45W at Full or a 10W increase, nearly a third over a Basic 100. The 12.5% delta between the machines should only be seen comparing Basic Full and Pro Full. But that doesn’t help in nailing down how to translate a Basic Full/x-Speed setting to a comparable Pro Full/y-Speed setting because of the non-linear nature of the speeds (seems to be exponential…don’t think it’s a steep enough curve to be logarithmic).

1 Like

Just wanted to congratulate everyone who took part on this thread. The level of conversation was just fantastic and the conclusion though inconclusive was fascinating. More importantly I realized that my pro is significantly under performing, going off the posted material timings. I contacted GF and after a few conversations support and tests it now needs to go back and be replaced. Perhaps when a fully working pro arrives i’ll be able to join in with the discussion : )

3 Likes