50$ a month for premium?

That would be the issue

$50 is crazy!! $15 a month and you have a deal. I’m really disappointed Glowforge. I can’t even get anyone to help me with my Glowforge not cutting on the right side of the bed and now $50, disappointed.

You had until November 3rd to sign up for premium for $15, but that deadline has since passed.

1 Like

Since this is your first post here I’m presuming you’ve sent an email to support@… they send an immediate auto reply, if you didn’t get that then either their emails are going into your spam folder or your emails are going into their spam folder - if that’s the case and you can’t find it in your spam folder you should post here in Problems & Support and let them know you’re not getting their emails.

If they’ve responded to you with questions and you’ve sent the answers they are working on a response and will not contact you again until they have more information.

This CS does not ignore anyone, they really are top notch - sometimes technology intervenes!

2 Likes

Hmm… I feel I must point out here that MAC-based authentication is horribly insecure. It is easy to sniff the endpoints of your wireless network, and equally easy to change the MAC address of a network card… So I could just sit around your house checking for devices which connect to your network, wait until they go offline, change my MAC to theirs and I’d be in… Unless you live out in the sticks where you are guaranteed that nobody comes into your network’s range unobserved, I’d recommend against it.

2 Likes

As soon as my fastlane Beta ended my GF stopped working entirely. I’ve been waiting literally three days of turning on/off for it to Center. I have a dedicated wifi router for my GF and it became unusable the second the fastlane Beta ended. Breaking the most basic functionality, to push for fastlane has me furious. I’m pulling my hair out trying to make basic rectangle cuts. And when I finally got it to upload a raster, it stopped halfway through (ruining my material) because of a server error.

1 Like

Correlation does not equal causation.
It sucks that you’re (likely) having WiFi issues but nothing has changed as far as the :glowforge: servers are concerned if you did not sign up (if you did sign up you’d be on new servers).

You should either email support@ or post in Problems and Support to get your issues looked at.

3 Likes

My truck has remote start only via my phone, but they charge around like $200/yr for the service however others get this free on their key fob… Not sure the argument that others get free works here. I don’t value the price to service I am getting from them so I decided to go another route and had an aftermarket starter installed. GF is not preventing you from using other design options if you do not see the value in what they are providing.

6 Likes

Do you have material on the bed? I have this issue sometimes when I leave a partial cut board on the bed. The camera bugs out and cannot center. Try removing the material and start up again. That has always cleared it for me (except when I needed to replace my black-cable).

Sometimes, I leave the material, but move the head right under the camera (while the machine is off) and then start it.

1 Like

I’m with you Jotinpro - I feel like we should already receive premium features for paying $6k for a machine. Part of the reason I purchased it was the supposed ease of use, but what I found was that it required additional software tools that were needed to edit text and images in order to accomplish anything and if you’ve never used those tools before, the learning curve is steep. What made it easier for people like myself who are not on their glowforge units daily and looking to use for simple projects was the built in tools, which now are a monthly fee. Even $15 a month i feel is outrageous given how much these machines cost. I’ve seen more recent machines for 25% or less of the cost of the glowforge giving me a little bit of buyer’s remorse now.

1 Like

Has it occurred to you they cost so much because they are expensive to make?

I don’t understand the mindset of people who think companies should just give everything away for free. How are they supposed to stay in business doing that? It’s in our best interests for them to keep making a profit, after all…

7 Likes

This is something that you surely knew before your spent that much money, right? Research is key.

3 Likes

They make money by charging $6k a machine. If you’re not making money on that, then you have a poor business model and need to reevaluate your pricing structure. The implication is they haven’t been making money all this time since they weren’t charging $50 a month for a subscription, which I’m willing to bet is false.

1 Like

Unfortunately I fell for the propaganda that its simple and easy by watching several of their webinars. But neither here nor there. Really has nothing to do with the exorbitant cost of the simplified features in a monthly subscription that equates to 10% of the cost of the machine annually.

They make money on the $6k machine to keep building and developing and supporting the $6k machines. When they hire a new team of developers to develop additional software features over and above the basic functionality the existing team is there to build and support, they need a way to continue employing the new team.

6 Likes

No offense, but I’ve been in business for nearly 30 years, I know exactly how products and services are developed, built, marketed and sold. I stand by my last response, and noted that you don’t agree. We agree to disagree, no need to respond further.

What if I don’t agree to disagree? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

We agree to disagree on not agreeing to disagree. :wink:

2 Likes

So … is that an agree to disagree decree?

3 Likes

so you understand that when a company makes a product and it’s in the market for 3 years, then create additional add-on services that they’re not always “free” add-on services, and companies often charge extra for new services.

it’s not like they forced anyone to purchase premium to continue using the machine. what you had before the “premium” add-on service was launched is still what you have if you don’t subscribe.

10 Likes