50$ a month for premium?

It’s pretty sad with all this confusion going on. I will say I am not happy with this situation and the added cost if I so choose, which I gave in and the speed still SUCKS and is slow, contrary to what the screen says " you are in the fast lane…" it’s one of those things if you say it enough then you start to believe it! So I call bulls@*t, it’s still very slow!!! and it SUCKS!

Your file prep time is slow or the job runtime? Because this doesn’t impact the job runtime. If it’s the prep time, it could be a lot of things. Some on their end, and some on yours - including how efficient/well put together the file is.

5 Likes

It’s like someone today was complaining about the slicing speed on the prusa slicer (the equivalent operation). I’m thinking on a 9 hour print, I can usually slice in 10 seconds. I mean how big a time hit is that for you? It’s rarely the part of the job that’s the slow part. But I guess it is the part right before you get to see either extruding plastic or laser beams so it is a point of anticipation…

2 Likes

I never received any promo codes or even a email announcing this feature

1 Like

An announcement went out to all emails that haven’t unsubscribed from announcements, it was posted here, and there was also a header that popped up in the GFUI.

1 Like

sadly no email and havent had the funds to run the GF in a while so I havent bee on here since April – oh well – I will reach out and ask to why I didnt receive an email, as I have that option on

BMW wanted to start charging for Apple CarPlay, either an annual sub or monthly of $15 starting a year maybe 2 after purchase. Imagine paying tens of thousands of dollars and then get nickeled and dimed for something that everyone else gives for free?

1 Like

Just a thought for your 3D printer issue… you can purchase a generic wireless access point and use it as a client bridge device. It will provide a wired connection for your printer become the wireless card for your printer to attach to your WiFi network. I used to do the same thing with my XBox 360 that only had a wired port to connect it to my WiFi network.

2 Likes

At this point, I really need some in-person help to get to the steps even after the wifi problem is solved. Covid of course has been like pouring powdered sand in a fine Swiss watch.

ATM I am trying to install the black cable of death, for the past couple of weeks. I almost had it and was peeling off the stickum when the right-hand side fell off and the stick-um miss-stuck and I think I might have it where I can put it down and walk away for a while. I am hoping I do not have to buy more black cables to have a Glowforge again.

I had a huge problem getting my glowforge connected to my wifi network also. My solution was to create a seperate SSID with no password and bounded by macid after the glowforge was found. This has solved all my wifi issues. (My router was a TPLink…)

3 Likes

I am sure if I understood all that I would have fewer issues myself :confounded:

2 Likes

<

You know when you setup your router for the first time it asks you what you want for an wifi name. The name you search for on your phone to connect to the wifi. That’s the SSID.

Most routers you can create another just going into admin and looking for “Guest Network”.

From there you name it something like “Glowforge” and tell it to “Hide SSID” so it’s not broadcasted everywhere where others can just find it and login and steal your wifi.

On Glowforge wifi setup, just tell it to look for “Other Network / Hidden Network” “Glowforge”

Every single device that’s on your wired and wireless network has a Name aka MAC ID. It’s a series of letters and numbers. Once you figure out it’s name you can tell the router to ONLY let devices you know 100% by MACID (name) to connect to it. Solves the need to type in a password.

BUT! With a password the traffic is encrypted (slightly slower because of encryption) but way more secure.

What kind of router do you have?

2 Likes

It is connected to the cable company and set-up by them. I mostly don’t mess with it. It is named “NSA Investigations” So I suspect that most folk don’t mess with it either.

2 Likes

Haha, we use NSA van 6!

4 Likes

LOL OMG Mine is named FBI… HAHAHAHAHAHAAH…

3 Likes

Usually the password on cable routers is just blank with username admin. Or username admin password admin.

If you ever wanna peak at your router’s config page. Open a Browser and type http://ip of gateway

To find gateway, on win10 go to Start Menu “Run” or use [Windows Key] + R (shortcut for RUN). type CMD and hit [Return].

This will bring up a command prompt. Type:
ipconfig and hit [Return]
This will give you a list of all your network connections to the router. Look for “Default Gateway”

it might be 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.254… 10.10.10.1

Input http://192.168.0.1 (Example)

this should bring up a user/pass or some special splash page for that router where you can “login” for advanced details.

This is where you change your wifi name, add a guest network… If you can’t get to the page, then you’ll probably have to contact your ISP to add or change it for you.

8:40 am going to bed. I’ll check later to see if you wanna poke at it.

2 Likes

I think ours has a password that I have no idea what it is as it was several years ago. I am going to need to wake up the other half of my brain sleeping in the other room. I’m the artsy creative half and she is the bureaucratic and details half but between us, the computer electronics half is sorta messed up :confounded:

1 Like

That is what she said too.

1 Like

if your router is the one given to you by the cable company, if you didn’t change the password, it’s very possibly printed on a sticker on the back.

2 Likes