50$ a month for premium?

If you believe what some say they can look like us and we would never know we are talking to them. There could even be some out here… :rofl:

Besides aliens are more fun to discuss… :upside_down_face:

If that is the case then you should have an open CS ticket. These machines are absolutely amazing, and do exactly what you ask them to. If not, you have a QA problem and CS will bend over backwards to get it fixed.

2 Likes

For someone that doesn’t think this is an issue you Certainly commit a lot of your time on this thread belittling other peoples opinions if they don’t mesh with your agenda? If its Not an issue for you feel free to move on. Or continue with the juvenile insults to show how smart you are. Rather sad actually… Only 400 posts on this this non issue. Will see how this grows in time. Faster then sales that I am certain of…

I learned something new in this torrid thread. Why is oil a subject of great debate? I mean you buy the oil rated for the temperature range you operate in. Most engine manufacturers specify the oils to use at different temperatures, and at least I assume the dude who designed the engine probably knows that he designed it to accommodate, and I would assume the organic chemists at Exxon-Mobil know a lot about oil chemistry. I mean sure if you live on the north slope of Alaska you are probably way outside the normal specifications, but as my son the pilot likes to point out he takes off and flies to high altitude with an air-cooled engine even when it is -20F and at altitude will be much, much cooler, and he does it at basically wide-open throttle. (Although he does note on super cold days he will warm up at idle at 1000rpm for a few minute to make sure the oil is moving around safely) - although he does note that the original planes he learned on were carbureted, the planes in a North Dakota are fuel injected.

My problem with those temperatures when I’ve flown with him here in MA in the old cessnas he used to fly is the heaters, like a classic Porsche) off the air cooled engine suck, since they are air-to-air heat exchangers. Ironically the one airplane engine Porsche built in the modern era (the Mooney 231) was water cooled. Most air-cooled planes primarily obtain heater air by wrapping a ram-air scoop around the exhaust manifold, compared to a car’s liquid-air exchanger in the heater core. Plus a car is so well insulated nowadays for sound reasons, that it is easier to keep heated.

2 Likes

That’s the voice of reason. Then there are the arguments of full synthetic vs semi-synthetic vs plain old dino oil. Of course there’s also the Amsoil conspiracists who believe Amsoil has cracked the code of really good oil vs the cabal of oil companies & auto (& motorcycle) manufacturers who have conspired to make cars & motorcycles wear out quicker. (Amsoil is sold via multi-level marketing folks like Amway or Herbalife.)

You could take any of the posts here and find the same one in a motorcycle forum in the winter arguing about how the bike could run better, go faster, last longer only if you use brand X oil or brand Y additive and the manufacturers are shafting anyone who doesn’t pay extra for full-synthetic and if we knew that was needed up front we’d buy a different bike.

I’m pretty sure there are only a handful of conspiracy theories out there and they’re just replayed in whatever special interest group you are part of whether it’s GF, motorcycles or politics :grin:

So if the Premium 50 cost is a conspiracy theory Why is it even offered? Everyone proudly says it’s not needed or of no value then Why would the company be pushing so hard to Sell this to users Not on a forum? Most Americans can heat or cool their home for 50 per month. Is premium a Better investment?

You’re not from Wisconsin, right? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Or Seattle :laughing:

3 Likes

Or Indiana :rofl:

3 Likes

Or Georgia :crazy_face: Wondering what location and how big of a home you can heat/cool for $50 a month.

3 Likes

$50 per month is a bit steep for central heating.

Now that I am looking…

2 Likes

The service is not a conspiracy theory, it’s all the other nonsense that fits the model - like the GF is unusable without it or they’re putting non-subscribers on a slow lane or they’re practicing bait & switch because they include it free for the first month (or because they didn’t tell us they’d be offering it 3 years ago when some of the noisemakers bought their machine).

I’m not going to bother refuting all of those because they’ve been refuted multiple times in this and other threads. I’m also not going to defend the pricing because I don’t believe there’s $50/mo of value in it for me. Maybe for someone without real design skills who is going to sell stuff they get out of the catalog or create using the commercially licensed Noun Project graphics.

But the falsehoods deserve calling out which folks like @rpegg are continuing to try to do. Unfortunately that’s not likely to be successful - my experience is that once people lock onto an idea that they’ve been wronged, there’s no convincing them they’re not correct. Rationality takes a back seat to aggrievement.

6 Likes

It depends on your heat source, here in SoCal it’s not that cold and my furnace is gas = super cheap. When I rented an adorable Victorian house in Seattle the house heat was powered by a giant, less adorable, 70’s era oil tank that cost as much to fill each winter as our rent for those months.

3 Likes

Sounds sort of like us. We’re in Oregon, where most times it’s pretty temperate. When we bought our house nearly 50 years ago, it was heated by oil. I don’t remember the average cost per month, but I’m fairly certain it was expensive. When we had to replace the furnace, we switched to gas. We’re old and keep our house warmer than some :wink: but, our average per month now is bewteen $60 and $70 per month.

1 Like

The bathroom, maybe depending on the size…

1 Like

I lived in VA way back in a one bedroom apartment and still averaged more than $50 per month for heating, considering the use electricity and gas for the heating. I currently keep our 3 bedroom home at 70 degrees in the winter and pay a lot more than $50 a month.

1 Like

In CT with a 2100sq ft 3bdrm house we spend about $200/mo for oil heat (avg of the $2400/yr mostly spent in Nov-Mar) to keep it 62 from 10pm-4pm (except a brief period from 5am-8am for getting up & out to work). For the warm 9hrs we keep it at 68.

We also average 27kwh/day of electric which works out to about $150/mo (electric ain’t cheap here - my daughter in NC avgs about the same usage and pays about $30/mo but that’s with a surcharge for a separate meter at her apartment complex).

2 Likes

3 Likes

My brother and I took a ride to Area 51 from Albuquerque once. One of the longest, most boring rides of my life. And that includes several trips across upper Texas.

@yelobird

Or Arizona. $300+ a month this past summer…

3 Likes

I don’t think they are pushing it at all. If they were, there wouldn’t be so many people saying they missed the discount enrollment period.

1 Like