50$ a month for premium?

That’s because WE ALL SHOULD HAVE BEEN GETTING 2 SCOOP FREE ICE CREAMS ALL ALONG!!!

:slight_smile:

If I’m lactose-intolerant, can I get candy instead?
:wink:

11 Likes

you will get froyo and you’ll like it!

8 Likes

Only if I get your scoops added to my scoops.

7 Likes

7 Likes

CONSPIRACY!!! THEY KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO DO THIS. NOW I GET GARBAGE FROYO INSTEAD OF THE PREMIUM ICE CREAM I PAID THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR. NO OTHER VENDOR DOES THIS STUFF!!!

:popcorn:

9 Likes

There is, you get legacy storage. That’s not nothing, storage isn’t free for Glowforge.

You apparently don’t understand the definition of “charity”. You don’t do charitable acts to get repaid later, that’s just not how it works.

Who knows, maybe there will be in the future, but they chose a monolithic offering, and I guarantee you they considered your way too. They’re not going to change your mind, so at best consider your idea “hoppered”, but again, I’m sure they considered it and discarded it for now, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

The situation was never going to be received well. You’re not wrong about having no visibility into what service you’re actually getting, nor is there any guarantee that they can’t throttle the free service to make it slower to drive up subscriptions. I guess when you decide what to do now it comes down to trust… which generally has to be earned.

Since you have “hung in there” so long, I assume you have had time to form an opinion on whether you trust glowforge or not… act accordingly. If you have no faith in the company, maybe it’s time to upgrade to a company you do trust. If, on the other hand, you do trust them… why are we having this discussion then?

14 Likes

You bring up some good points , but do you know what i really love now is the how the Dash Board acts like that show where you pick a box and match it to another. Its really a time sucker for me to find everything .

Maybe if were lucky for another $25 a month we can get them to stay put again. lol
Do i trust Glow Forge , got two machines so I double trust them , but I am not happy with where we are at today .

I just cannot believe that Dashboard is not better yet, blows my mind .

That would bring the total to $75 a month and how happy i would be .

Yes, heaven forbid you may have done that out of the goodness of your heart. Shame on you!

7 Likes

Gosh…wading through this thread…it’s like I can’t look away. But, you…and everyone else are just hanging in here tightly. I think what you said to me, also applies to you…

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.42.12 AM

5 Likes

12 Likes

That horse does not look dead… just saying :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s lying on its side. :wink:

9 Likes
8 Likes

Pining for the fjords.

7 Likes

If I hadn’t nailed that bird down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM!

3 Likes

Thread derailment complete. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Outrage outrage outrage, injustice, personal gripe, financial burden, cloud was a scam I knew it, paperweight.

There we go, back on track.

9 Likes

Good explanation of subscription fatigue. I must, however, take issue with the expectation that the Glowforge should have a basic drawing app functionality. The Glowforge is a “printer”, not a design app. My printers can’t edit my documents or change my fonts or anything else. They print what I have prepared in some software independent of them. It is useful for many novice laser operators to have the basic shapes, fonts, etc. available in the interface, but it was never promised or indicated that the machine was anything other than a 3D printer. Because so many users wanted/needed the additional functions, the Glowforge team worked hard to provide them. It was probably an expensive endeavor. It was market driven in that once people received and used their Glowforges, they wanted the additional features to make the machine more user friendly. The subscription payments will offset some of the costs of that effort and hopefully provide funding for additional features that users desire.

10 Likes

I love Norway during the Summer, but I’ll tell ya a secret. I don’t miss for a second the -40 temp of Winter. (BTW -40 in either F or C is too freaking cold)(BTW BTW -40 is the same in either F or C)

Edit sorry for the derailment again

10 Likes

I grew up in northern Ontario. I have seen the thermometer record temps of -52F in winter and 110F in summer. I do not miss either of those :grinning:

3 Likes