6' X 6'8" Folding screen, double-sided

I think you have found your calling. Gorgeous

3 Likes

This is amazing!! I miss those old room dividers from back in the day, and the zen style you did it in is great.

1 Like

Stunning :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Truly impressive - both in design and execution! You’ve provided inspiration for me to try larger pieces and take advantage of the passthrough possibilities.
I look forward to seeing your next projects!

4 Likes

What material is the underlayment?

It’s a low-grade plywood, designed for leveling under flooring but also commonly used for cabinet panels that will be painted.

It’s a nice smooth surface but can be a bear to cut reliably.

Good for large areas as it is cheap. A 4’x8’ sheet is typically <$15.

1 Like

you might see it referred to at Luan plywood. very smooth on one side, and a bit rough on the other.

usually put down over the subfloor to make sure there are no gaps to the floor below.

1 Like

Amazing design and beautiful result.

1 Like

Stunning!

link?

Top topic in their profile with over 200 likes.

3 Likes

Most of my projects are small and insignificant. I do a lot of “utility” stuff for the escape rooms. Right now I am lasering parts for 90 lockmount, switch sets that are each composed of between 6 and 12 parts. These will get assembled with the switches and electronic latches in place, then mounted inside of the drawers and doors in the new Vault escape room. I also recently created a key dispenser that will have nearly 100 keys inside, each with servos that will be controlled by two mega-arduinos and programmed for each variation of the escape room. Then I’ve got to design and cut several more faux leaded glass sections that are decorative features in the teller area of the 'bank;… Also numerous parts, portholes, and functional pieces that are being made for the interior and exterior of the vault door. – This is quite typical useage of the glowforge during project time.

6 Likes

I love escape rooms!! What part of Michigan? If it is close to family maybe we could go when we visit next time. My brother would soooooo be into that! I know a guy (haven’t we all heard that before) that is part owner in one … I know he 3D prints things, I would imagine they have a laser available but I should ask him…hadn’t thought of that before. How often do you change rooms out?

Davison, just east of Flint. (I am the owner there) We have 10 rooms. The oldest is approaching 6 years and is still quite popular. The newer rooms are built with a much higher attention to detail, storyline and fluidity of puzzles to follow that. We typically spend between 35K & 40K on a new room and do all of the conceptual design, engineering, buildout, props, puzzles, etc in-house. We use the laser, have 3D printers, and our electrical engineer works for NASA part time. The newest room (Still under construction) will have between 6 and 8 MILES of wire in it when it is finished and about 8 mega-arduinos, several raspberry pi’s, and several hundred servos, custom electronic swithes and electronic latches as well as “secret spaces”… If that is any indicater of the complexity of this room. :slight_smile: We strive for excellence and beyond. Michigan Escape Games. Check it out.

2 Likes