7 layer Castle and Dragon

One of the pieces that had always been in the back of my mind was completed today. I wasn’t sure if I was going to completed just the dragon as the outline, but I wanted to include so much, so I made the outline just as a picture frame.

7 Layer Castle and Dragon was made with 1/4" mahogany, maple, walnut and hickory veneer.

Please check out the link below for my other creations.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/963799657/digital-file-7-layer-dragon-and-castle?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=digital+file+-+7+layer+dragon&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1

51 Likes

That’s awesome!!

2 Likes

That looks amazing!!!

3 Likes

Another gorgeous one! For some reason, in my mind I’m seeing those dragons cut out of Padauk. You should try it.

4 Likes

I didn’t know what padauk was so I looked it up. That would look good and really pop out those dragons.

2 Likes

Freaking amazing. Love it.

2 Likes

Incredible! I love all the battles going on.

3 Likes

This is super fun!! I am sure all who print is will love it!

2 Likes

DAMN!!! Love this… love seeing that it can do so many layers… makes some of my ideas worth looking into…

2 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Hope to see some of your work here, soon.

2 Likes

Do you do private commissions?

Wow that is fantastic.

1 Like

Hi Jimmy,

Since I’m still new to creating designs, they take me forever to make. Therefore I am not taking any personal requests.

I did put feelers out about a week ago to find out what would be most requested. “Survey says” a fishing and moose design were #1 and #2. I’ve got the fishing one half done now. I’m not happy with it yet, so I’ll give it another week or so.

2 Likes

Love all your work! Dragons are awesome!

2 Likes

I love these designs! Just made the elephants for my father I law who spend part of his childhood in Cameroon. It is

fantastic how many details are included in these designs- and they cut out perfect!! Because some parts were small I scaled up the elephants a bit. But now I have to do the dragon as well, for my sons birthday!!

8 Likes

Truly a treasure!!

1 Like

So glad you liked it and the file was easy to use. It’s sometimes difficult to know if files are user friendly for everyone. Thank you for the feedback.

The colours look awesome btw.

1 Like

You did a great job. What program did you use? I am trying some layers and can’t quite find a program that is intuitive.

What program did you use to design this? Fantastic

This was all created with Adobe Illustrator. I had watched countless hours of YouTube videos learning the program. I’m still new to designing and have so much more to learn.

2 Likes