7 Layered Seahorse

This is beautiful! I love the little creatures in the details.

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

I love how you’ve got starfish nestled into the tail. What a lovely design!

3 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Thank you again for the amazing file. I just got my GF and this was my first major project. I resized the design smaller. Most layers are cut on 1/8" plywood except layer 5 is on acrylic and colored with alcohol inks. The last layer is painted as a paint pour swipe.

11 Likes

9 Likes

That is very cool and is exactly what I was hoping to see as a colored version. Thank you very much for sharing.

When you shrunk it down did you find that any of the smaller cuts turned to crisp or was it alright?

2 Likes

I LOVE those colors!! It’s so pretty!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

I am so glad you like it. To answer your question, some did break off, but I am new and learning the settings. I had to splice a section on layer 2 from two different cuts because I couldn’t weed out the pieces without breaking the wood. I am going to make another one and actually test my wood before cutting multiple layers (yes I did, oops) and make sure to use clips. The Proofgrade acrylic cut beautifully without any issues, so the issues were all on my end with 1/8" plywood. My final measurements are about 10-5/8" x 5-1/8".

I just got Coreldraw and going to attempt to make my first layered design. Wish me luck!! Thank you again. I learned so much making this. You can’t imagine how incredibly honored it is to hear that you as the designer like it.

5 Likes