A box for Christmas

During Thanksgiving my step mother repeatedly expressed to me that I could not buy here a gift this year for Christmas.
That we were drawing names this year for gifts! Well I drew her name and I promised I would not buy her anything so I made something instead.

48 Likes

Cool…so how’d you make this, design wise?

1 Like

It’s actually two boxes made on a box designer from the Internet. It’s free to use. One for the body and one for the lid. Hardware came from hobby lobby. Lined it with felt. The name and 23 psalms were set up in inkscape. This was my second day with the glowforge. I have so much I want to do I don’t know where to start.

5 Likes

That’s pretty amazing! Which box design website did you use? I’d love to give something like this a try.

2 Likes

Search maker case and it will come up. You can enter dimensions and thickness. Make a hole or add wording. You choose what type no joint, tab joint or keyed. It can be quirky some times

This is beautiful and very touching. Your step mother will love this…and you did not lie.

2 Likes

yeah I think she will be tickled to get this. I didn’t get my Glowforge till after thanksgiving. so no one knows I have it yet. so I will have more surprises made for the family. yeah I cant just give out one gift, I would explode from holding back. :laughing:

4 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

That is all you could do in two days? Slacker!

Seriously, great job. Also seriously, you’re training her to expect these awesome non-purchased gifts. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

What an awesome gift! She must love it!

Ooh, I like the rounded corners on the inside lip!

1 Like

Very nice! is that felt or flocking?

Just regular felt . :smile: