A Circular File Cabinet

I do finally have my flex shaft, though I cannot find all the handpieces as yet, but all those rotary files and such needed a nice home to hang out in. I did forget a few things, like pieces where the head was smaller than the shaft so it should not have been that deep and one foul-up gluing it together and I ended up having to make 4 more sides, and then it is so tight it is hard to get the tool place to fit, and it comes off too easily, but can’t be glued down as the would make retrieval of pieces lost very hard to recover,

but a few photos…

42 Likes

That blue is stunning, both practical and beautiful!

3 Likes

My husband leaves his dremel stuff in a plastic container in the most annoying places… The container lid has snapped off from the amount of times I’ve tripped on it in the dark, scattering pieces all over the garage.

I really like this design, the only way I could see it getting better would be for my own personal use, a tray/compartment in there to hold the super thin shafts and all the blade and sandpaper discs.

Yours is super pretty and useful! And most likely stored in a much better location than my husband’s plastic bin.

7 Likes

Way too pretty for Dremel bits.

5 Likes

Woohooo! FANCY! :sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

I wish this were so :upside_down_face: But I was thinking about a divided drawer underneath as I was putting it together (I might yet add that.)

1 Like

I put my husband’s on a shelf in the garage, but somehow it’s always on the floor in front of the garage door, so I kick it or fall over it coming in to the house in the dark. I think I fell against the door once and came crashing into the house and onto the floor.

2 Likes

Nice organization there! Great use of your time and material! :sunglasses:
An absolute requisite for all the small bits, no substitute for a good tool block.

Google Photos

14 Likes

Ouch! I have done that way too much :face_with_head_bandage:
Perhaps make him one with a motion detector that lights up and bells go off if it sees you?

4 Likes

That is cool! I had not thought of something like a drill bit or nail coming up to hold the wheels/cutoff disks/etc.

1 Like

I got tired of fishing for a tool in the bench top chaos and sat down to build a dedicated tool box. Probably the best piece of organization in my life.
First door is the extendable pliers rack, the second is handpieces, above the bit block is hammers, next is files…

I like the acrylic you used, the laser decoration makes it.

3 Likes

This is cool…but I imagine me falling onto that and it’s not a good look for me. No matter how much I organize, a certain someone will always leave it in my walking path…

3 Likes

I have about 2000 different ones now and almost 400 as Svg. Trying to figure how I can use them :sob:

3 Likes

Well, that’s a perfect example there.

2 Likes

Here are more examples

7 Likes

Pretty practical - or should I say pretty and practical. Love the blue.

4 Likes

Definitely a set- up for your storage.

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Wow! That color pops! I keep trying to organize, and then a little bunny shows me a new rabbit hole…

3 Likes

Gorgeous box! Beautiful yet practical, doesn’t get any better.

2 Likes