A Circular File Cabinet

Ouch! I have done that way too much :face_with_head_bandage:
Perhaps make him one with a motion detector that lights up and bells go off if it sees you?

4 Likes

That is cool! I had not thought of something like a drill bit or nail coming up to hold the wheels/cutoff disks/etc.

1 Like

I got tired of fishing for a tool in the bench top chaos and sat down to build a dedicated tool box. Probably the best piece of organization in my life.
First door is the extendable pliers rack, the second is handpieces, above the bit block is hammers, next is files…

I like the acrylic you used, the laser decoration makes it.

3 Likes

This is cool…but I imagine me falling onto that and it’s not a good look for me. No matter how much I organize, a certain someone will always leave it in my walking path…

3 Likes

I have about 2000 different ones now and almost 400 as Svg. Trying to figure how I can use them :sob:

3 Likes

Well, that’s a perfect example there.

2 Likes

Here are more examples

7 Likes

Pretty practical - or should I say pretty and practical. Love the blue.

4 Likes

Definitely a set- up for your storage.

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Wow! That color pops! I keep trying to organize, and then a little bunny shows me a new rabbit hole…

3 Likes

Gorgeous box! Beautiful yet practical, doesn’t get any better.

2 Likes

Cutting it out

1 Like

Wow, just wow. awesome piece
:heart:

3 Likes

I like the way you used the inside of the door.

1 Like

During the whole build I kept coming up with ideas like that.
One of the most helpful was so simple. I took the handpiece wrench, attached it to a 2" length of fine chain, and anchored the end to the bench so it hangs to the right side. Instead of having to search it out on the benchtop, without even looking I just swing my hand in that direction, feel the chain, sweep it into my hand and just toss it aside when done.
Changing bits several dozen times in a few hours, that one idea saved me immeasurable time over the years.
I had more fun building that jewelers bench than I did making things.

Like @rbtdanforth’s tool block, a higher level of organization is appreciated every time you need to find something. Just too bad it doesn’t carry over to other aspects of my life… :smirk:

1 Like

Providing of course that you can find what you did with the “higher organization” thing :disappointed_relieved: I have almost all my fancy handpieces nicely organized in a box I cannot yet find :sob:

On the good news side, a tornado was in St.Pete went overhead and came down again on the county line just east of here, within the past hour or so. Not good news for them of course :grimacing: still happening in Polk county near I-4.

2 Likes

Yeah, I understand. I also came up a few small boxes short after the move.

Man, a tornado is the meteorological equivalent of a volcanic eruption. Surprise!

1 Like

Soo much was lost or left behind in the move, but I sat at this very desk as I found all scattered about and put in a single place while sitting at this very desk.

2 Likes

As a fellow flex shaft owner, I bow down to your organization skills. That’s a beautiful box, too.

3 Likes