A couple of tiles and some simple leather bracelets

A few new 6"x 8" tiles recently engraved.

A few different versions of some leather bracelets I am working on. I would like a better way to fasten that would stand up to taking on and off, but i have been wearing this one 3 weeks so far and it is still holding up well.

39 Likes

Very nice projects!

2 Likes

I like the tiles best.

2 Likes

Love the locking mechanism for the bracelet. Wish I had that a month ago :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I like how simple it is. Just worried about how long it will hold up to use.

Great projects!

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

Pretty cool.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing the details on your leather bracelets? Wondering about the length and widths?

1 Like

Those are great bracelets!

1 Like

I used several different lengths… . trial and error I guess. Mostly between 8 and 11 inches long, and 3/4 inch wide mostly. I used different thicknesses of leather, but if they are too thick it is hard to make the tab bend enough to fit in the hole.

1 Like

Tiles and bracelets look great. May I ask did you use proof grade leather?

1 Like

I did not, there is a Tandy leather store near me and i bought a shoulder of leather there. It turned out to be a little too thick so i went back and got some a little bit thinner.

How did you clean the soot of the leather? I cut some and the soot is terrible and the burnt smell is so strong.

1 Like

Turned out great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great I actually have a Tandy store near me as well. Thanks for answering :grinning:

1 Like

If you are getting a LOT of soot, play with your settings. For example cutting at a lower power or faster speed and running the cut a few times before you take it out. However there will still be some charring (soot), and I just scrub it with a slightly damp cloth until most of it is gone. Over time it will fade away as well.

For even less charring, I have also did a very light cut, and just cut on the lines with some leather scissors.