A different kind of pendant: faux enamel

These don’t look lasered, do they? I was going for an enamelled look.

The pendants started as Canson watercolor art board (I love that stuff!). First I took some scraps of the art board and did some loose watercolor painting with Daniel Smith watercolors. Then I cut the pendant shapes including holes out of the art board, wicked some superglue into the sides to add strength, and painted back and sides with black gesso. Front and back were then coated with 2-part epoxy resin, and the hardware added.

I really like the trendy clasp-in-front-of-necklace look.

102 Likes

No, they don’t! They look beautiful!

7 Likes

What she said! Definitely enamelled! :grinning:

6 Likes

Gorgeous!!! I love these!!!

5 Likes

What a terrific result. I would never guess these began as watercolor art board.

6 Likes

Those came out great! Very creative technique.

5 Likes

Extremely creative. Love them.

5 Likes

Wow nice result, thanks for the process tips.

5 Likes

AMAZING! Well done!

5 Likes

Those are gorgeous! I love how you try so many interesting techniques…and this is definitely one of the best you’ve done.

5 Likes

Absolutely beautiful, and a very interesting technique!

4 Likes

They don’t look lasered at all, very nice!

3 Likes

You had fooled me! another great technique.

5 Likes

Really nice. They are perfect. Great description of your work flow as well. Thanks.

5 Likes

They’re beautiful! They do look like enamel!!

3 Likes

Beautiful work, congratulations!

Definitely on my to-try list.

2 Likes

they look better than my real enamel. great job. seems like more work though.

3 Likes

That is amazing! That looks exactly like enamel to me, and I’m shocked it started with a laser cutter!

2 Likes

Some day when there is a Glowforge convention, @cynd11 will have the privilege to give a presentation on the main stage.

(And there are a few others here who definitely should get that privilege, but you have been one of those who introduces material and art forms that extend the range of the Glowforge.)

9 Likes

Yep! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes