A Fancy Box for Sanding Blocks

I have a set of 4 small sanding blocks that I use when I make boxes. They tend to get scattered around without a particular spot to live in, so I made a fancy box.

The box has a continuous fractal design on both top and bottom and holds the 4 blocks.

There is also a false bottom beneath the sanding blocks:

I can lift this out and get to the pre-cut sandpaper grits resting below.

Now they have a place to sleep and hopefully won’t get lost so darn often.

60 Likes

That’s a pretty nice home for your sanding blocks!

5 Likes

A block box! Nice…it looks like a useful AND beautiful piece!

4 Likes

Me: grabs any piece of scrap wood laying around and presses adhesive sandpaper to it

You: well, see above.

7 Likes

Uh, yeah—that’s fancy. I actually really like those sanding blocks too.

3 Likes

Thanks. The sanding blocks were from a CNC project video on my YouTube channel:

Sadly I am not sure of a good way to make laser copies without stacking a lot of wood.

6 Likes

Actually, I’d like to know more about the sanding blocks.:grin: just scrolled down. Nevermind

3 Likes

That’s a more beautiful box for sanding blocks than I ever expected to see! Very nicely done.

1 Like

Nice solution

1 Like

Wow, that is a great solution.

1 Like

I knew you were a sexy YouTube celebrity!!

1 Like

LOL. The channels is called POV CNC and you only ever see my hands. I prefer to be a man of mystery. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love your fractal boxes

2 Likes

Do they give you the names of people who subscribe to your channel? I would love to subscribe but then I’m giving away by illicit user name that is connected my illicit side hustle.

My life is a little bit more than Westies. Andrew (eflyguy) knows.

1 Like

Who doesn’t love storage? Better question, who doesn’t love fun storage?!

2 Likes

I don’t see individual subscriber names and there’s over 7K of them now, so I think you will blend in. :slight_smile: I only see user names for people who comment and even then, you would have to make the connection for me unless you re-use the icon from this forum.

2 Likes

Wow - what a great idea. I need these in my shop!

1 Like

Sweetness

1 Like

Most people don’t use that portion of the Mandelbrot set. Nice choice.

1 Like

Nice.

1 Like