First just an annoyance with an easy fix.
When I first got Puff there was and idea I was anxious to try so was the first thing I did. Most of the experiment was a failure but ever after when I go to the GFUI it would load that project and remind me not to reach so far first off.
I tried everything to just go to the page that you start on even defeating that project but still it goes there and can’t find the project and gives an error!
Not a hard fix but not the main reason for the post, though I am not sure that more than awareness is required for that second part.
I was having a lot of problems with smoke even after sending a vacuum hose down the exhaust tube. There was so much trouble getting the hose to link and so much gorilla tape holding it in place I did not want to disturb that and so cut off the exhaust 6" out and was able to get a brush the rest of the way.
(Now after beating about the main point)
Wanting to run the fan only I first set out a long cut that I would running at zero power, and then tossed in a piece of paper and ran the power up to two.
Starting cold I discovered that the cut got deeper as the whole process started up so the start and the end were at quite different levels of power as you can see at the top here…
Then as it warmed up more it started making dashed lines…
I have seen the marks before on cut acrylic especially but this confirms that the power was going off and on as a means hitting the desired average.
Of course the old bugaboo of starting and stopping making a problem I set up the start and stop at the middle of the curve rather than a corner in hopes of not creating a weak point on the corner, but instead makes a mess in the middle of the curve even at such low speeds as this was…
This was experimental so many other issues that make the finished bit useless anyway but I thought others would be interested in the results.