A few new boxes, one thing leads leads to another

I started out making a lidded box with maple top and cherry bottom. the sides are based on leaf veins and top one of the many I have been using for Avatars, the sides of the cherry bottom are a tight weave design.

However, the first bottom I made did not fit so I made another top and bottom to fit the old top and bottom using a different top and a bottom made by the same process but looking like dragon hears but this time the top was Butternut wood. I had understood the wood would be like Walnut and the nut like butter but it is apparently the wood that is like butter, almost like Basswood but stringier, the bottom was the PG cherry, with the woven design, Unfortunately, that top also did not fit either so I made another top with the dragons…

So now I had to make another bottom so this time I made that in Butternut too but instead was inspired by the dragons to make the bottom scales instead…

34 Likes

These are all lovely but I really like the dragon scales! Excellent work.

2 Likes

I thought you were gonna post about making a huge box to fit all your boxes :stuck_out_tongue:

and ditto, those dragon scales are sharp!

3 Likes

Your one thing leads to another results in three great boxes. My one thing leads to another usually results in new scrap pieces for future testing.

9 Likes

I have a lot of those as well.:sob:

1 Like

Like everything about these! And yes, never let something that didn’t come out right stop you, just an excuse to make something else with it. :grin:

3 Likes

Your boxes are always such lovely works of art!

3 Likes

Yep! All very loverly…
(Lots of chocolate for me to ait …)

3 Likes

I was thinking Teabags, but M+Ms or similar would work as well.

2 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.