Well the door definitely wasn’t made on the Glowforge, but I did use my GF to make a simple design for our all-glass door so my husband would quit running into it.
We wanted something simple that wouldn’t obstruct our view. So we looked online to see what kind of decals were available, etc., but we either didn’t like the style or didn’t like the price - Walmart had a cute hummingbird one, but it was $43.00 for 3 of them! As we discussed it, we realized I could make a pattern on the GF and we’d just use Glass Frost paint, which we had also used on our bathroom window. So simple!
What wasn’t simple, for me, because I’m not a designer, was getting a 29" pattern to print on the GF. I did get it worked out into two pieces, and after just a few minutes, had the door done. Hallelujah for 12" wide masking tape! So here’s a pic of the door. And they don’t block the view.
Part of our view of the Smoky Mountains. This was this morning’s sunrise. Our goats are laying down in the field by the little tree.
And in case you wonder why our chairs are on a platform? This is our sunroom, and the windows are too high to see out of, as we enclosed the lower half to help the room look better and keep some of the heat in during the winter, as we enjoy sitting out there and watching our goats and chickens, when it’s too cold to sit on the deck.
The other things I made on the GF this week was a couple socket holders for my husband. He thought about buying some, but then just asked me if I could make them. For some reason, I couldn’t get boxes.py to not have a thousand and one tabs for a simple little box, so I ended up just making a straight-edge box that I glued together. The metric sizes on the right were in a holder, but they were laying flat. I told him I just thought they’d be easier to grab (plus match the imperial set) standing up. He’s happy with them. So am I.
So that was my weekend. Oh, plus an order for a customer. Whoohoo!