A good table for my GlowForge

Thanks! That’s nice.

Damn it, James! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I may just go the IKEA route. Seems easier for my space and cost constraints.

1 Like

I traced a template of my glowforge’s foot print and tried it on all sorts of desks at tables at the local ikea. Here is a list of compatible and sturdy ikea furniture.

Note: Need to be permanently bolted/screwed to floor

This is what I ended up getting - no draws but solid wood construction

5 Likes

A very reasonable approach. In fact, my Forge is temporarily on an Ikea table I bought 23 years ago. 9 moves later, that sucker is still coming in handy.

2 Likes

23 years ago? That’s impressive! How is it holding up to the weight of the GF?

1 Like

I’m leaning towards the RIMFORSA Work bench - IKEA bench. Although a bit too big, it’s ideal for storage, materials, etc. I dig it. Thanks @mike10!

Really well! It’s a pretty sturdy model that they don’t seem to make any more. The legs are 3" diameter posts that screw into the tabletop, which is about 2.5" thick. That thing owes me nothing.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I’m going to look at one in IKEA this weekend. Just concerned it will take up too much room in the living room…I only have a 1BR apartment, and I definitely don’t want to put it in the bedroom. :stuck_out_tongue:

We went to Storables and got the industrial shelving. (chrome since it is slightly cheaper) with the industrial wheels that lock. That way once the air filter arrives we can lower the top shelf and keep it at an “easy reach” height. Bins for supplies and boxes for bits are being added as needed.

1 Like

hey Mike,

Wanted to say thanks once again! I ended up going with a Kullaberg, and it’s perfect. Exactly what I need!

It’s only 20.5 inches deep. How does the overhang do?

I think the GF is only 20.75" deep so, though I guess there is an overhang, it’s not really noticeable. The base is fully supported.

I need to roll my table to a window when I set up for working, so having it on the wheeled cart is very useful. I’ve got no complaints after using it for a year.

(edit: I will add that, if you’re planning on adding the filter under your GF as I am, this may not be a good table. I’m 6’1" and think it’ll be too high up with the filter under it.)

1 Like

You are amazing. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.