A Headphone Stand

Hey all, been quite a while since I last posted, because I haven’t had much chance to play with the glowforge lately.

The other day at work, I got a new pair of bluetooth noise cancelling headphones. These are very handy in a noisy open-style office. But, where will I put them while they are charging? ShalI just leave them lying on my desk, like some kind of common prole? No, for I have a glowforge, and have seized the means of production!

Whipped this up in Fusion 360. It’s all cut from 3mm baltic birch.

51 Likes

Great job! When your wearing the headphones you can then hang bananas to ripen from it ;0)

6 Likes

Very nice! I like the style.

1 Like

As a two time headphones stand maker and habitual practical things maker, I approve.

1 Like

I have a revised version of this in mind where the back piece and the “feet” are all one, and the plywood has a gentle twist to it over the height of the stand so they’re almost parallel at the top and spread out at the bottom. I’m really not sure how to/if I can design such a thing in Fusion 360 and easily “flatten” it into something I can laser cut.

1 Like

I like that design—very classy. And you have the only one of these in the world!

1 Like

Great design. Perfect fit!

Nice design works, much better than something that is functional but looks rubbish. I like it.

I like all the angles you’ve got going on, it looks really professional, and almost like something you’d see being marketed on a Kickstarter. Great work!

1 Like

I really like those legs! :leg::leg:

1 Like

Futuristic look to this.

Gentle reminder that asking for designs is against forum guidelines.

https://community.glowforge.com/faq

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

I am new here and noticed that some post them - forgive me