A little contest from Averly at Glowforge

So much great work shown here I’d have given out more hearts if possible. Amazing, really!

18 Likes

@averly, not that it matters, but I concurr with you and the rest of the community, the submissions were great, but “The Palladium” from @timjedwards really takes the cake!

12 Likes

This whole contest was amazing! As makers, I think we can appreciate a creation more than the average observer could; we see and understand the time, effort, love (and sometimes blood from the accidental hand slip) that goes in to the designing, the printing, the stripping of the masking, the treatment (coloring, staining, painting) and the assembly of what sometimes ends up being a frustratingly janky and hacked project turned success.

We, quite literally, will these visions in our heads in to existence, and we know how much work that takes to accomplish. To see the way the community got in to it and to be able to just appreciate so much creation was quite heartwarming. Bravo and thank you to all!

10 Likes

Thank you for hosting such an awesome contest! I am SO inspired by all these brilliant projects. Congratulations, @timjedwards!

6 Likes

Yes, thank you Averly for this posting. And “thank you” to everyone that shared! This is a great community and lots of amazing inspiration going on here!

7 Likes

Congratulations @timjedwards! Your creations are always tops.

8 Likes

you hand stitched the pages together too — wow! just incredible

2 Likes

holly cow this is super cool! i aspire to have your talent

2 Likes

Congrats @timjedwards! Well deserved

5 Likes

Congrats @timjedwards !!!

6 Likes

Thanks, I adapted it from my high chair file I made for my grandson. It is built to pull up to our counter height bar.

ATAT

19 Likes

![image|690x400](upload://jaP3TZcCmKHbY2qieI7cF3jpIpG

.jpeg)

13 Likes

My granddaughters name is Willa…I wasn’t sure when she named her that but now she is nothing but a little Willa Bean! great puzzles!

1 Like

This is stunning!!! My dad was stationed in Japan for a few years and we grew up with frequent visitors in our home and received many beautiful gifts. You’ve done a beautiful job in bringing the style to life!

1 Like

this is stunning. Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I really had a lot of fun making this one.

This is just beautiful! My son is moving to Japan, and I would love to do something like this for him! I’m new here, so I’m not sure about the rules, but I would be interested in finding out how you did it and/or if you sell your svg file. I hope I’m not breaking any rules by asking this. It would just be wonderful! Thank you!

1 Like

Here are the rules of the forum: FAQ - Glowforge Owners Forum

As you will read, it is against the rules to ask for files. If a designer wants to share their files, they post in the Free Laser Design section. If a designer has a store where they sell files, you can usually find the link by clicking their avatar.

It is not a big deal to not know the rules about files - many of us made the same mistake. Please keep coming to the forum for inspiration and to share your work.

5 Likes

I am in awe of this sign. This is stunning!

1 Like

Thanks, I learned a lot from that project!