A look at a production GF demo

Yes. I wasn’t paying attention on how he did it, but somehow Danny put an contour cut line around the whole design. All I know is I was talking to hubby. When I turned around there was a pink outline around the design and Danny asked if I wanted it cut out. I said yep and it worked. Damn distracting hubby lol.

11 Likes

Happy CakeDay @kittski! :balloon::sparkles::dizzy::boom:

All he did was click on the area outside of the doggie. It adds a cutline. (Yep…that easy.)

12 Likes

Wonderful! I got to see the results in person too - so cool.

4 Likes

It’s lovely to see my puzzles featured so prominently on Marion’s table! :smiley:

7 Likes

Danny? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@dannyc ? (Customer satisfaction team…reviewed our work on the Training Team stuff.)

4 Likes

Hi lol :slight_smile: we have a lot of Dan’s, Danny’s, Daniel’s at our office. Official count is at 5. Plus we also have a Dane :upside_down:

12 Likes

I sneakily clicked the space outside of your design. This created the cut line in pink!

It’s pure madness how quickly you can create cuts using Trace. :runner: :dash:

13 Likes

So if I already had a design on a piece of wood and waned to cut it out (slight offset outline). then I could “scan” it with the Glowforge ™ turn off the engrave design and click outside to make a cut outline?

4 Likes

Ah. I thought that was more of the Wanka man himself :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOL, nope, not the head Wanka. It was Dannyc. :slight_smile: (Wait, if Dan is Wanka, does that make Danny and the others Loompas?)

15 Likes

Dammit! I’m out of “likes”. :smile:

5 Likes

Hiya Dannyc! Admittedly I had to scroll through all GF team pics to find the right Danny. There was no last name, so I was hoping someone would speak up. Glad you saw the post Danny, thanks for the help! The cut line trick is very cool BTW. So much easier than doing it yourself.

4 Likes

It’s going to cut right up against the edge if you do that. If you want to offset the cut there are tutorials for it for all 3 of the major 2D vector programs here:

9 Likes

Hi (again) @kittski!!! It was such a pleasure. I’m so glad that you brought your own artwork and that it was that easy. Your "bad a**"bunnies were my favorite!

6 Likes

That is awesome, thanks for posting! And happy cakeday!!!

1 Like

I think that should work, yes. You could also resize the outline that you created before printing it if you wanted it to be a bit bigger (note: this would be a resize, not an offset).

11 Likes

Cool design. Thanks for the glimpse!

3 Likes

What a fantastic first print. That Day of the Dead dog is wonderful. Lovely work!