A "mazing' fun

Doing some Easter stuff for my grandchildren. This was a bit tedious but turned out pretty good and I’m happy with it. Used my grandkids names and made a ‘maze’. I scored the maze on the bottom layer for placement then cut a middle layer with 1/8 inch birch and cut the outline size of clear acrylic for the top. Added a ball bearing in the maze for them to each play. So, 3 layers thick.

54 Likes

I think these are terrific!

8 Likes

Huh, did you use a generator for these, or ?

4 Likes

I used a font Mazey then took it to Inkscape and changed object to path then a couple of outsets seemed to be just the right size to not make it so thin it broke. It varies in how many pieces are cut out based on the name but was pretty easy to glue after scoring the same on the base.
Then i used a marker to color their name in so you could see it!

16 Likes

A “mazing” is right!

8 Likes

What a creative idea, Those are really cool! Rafe has it easy compared to Autumn. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

So true but ironically the length of the maze is consistent with the ages of my grandchildren-oldest is the longest, youngest is the shortest :smiley:

8 Likes

These have a really cool look to them!

2 Likes

Brilliant design!

4 Likes

So cool!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! So much fun finding all the things of interest to do on the GF!!

3 Likes

What fun! And great looking!

3 Likes

So if they have more kids, you will have to name them “Ben” and then “Jo” and then … let’s see…any one letter names out there?

2 Likes

:rofl: so true although i think the next one is Chloe so my pattern will be broken!

2 Likes

Oh wow, these are really different and cool! What a wonderful personalized gift that is also fun.

3 Likes

That’s really cool. What did you use to adhere the acrylic to the birch?

I had a similarly layered gift I made as Christmas. I had the GF cut guide holes in the corners and placed an upholstery tack in each hole after dabbing a little super glue in each hole. It was a nice decorative addition and held the layers in place.

I just haven’t been confident in adhesives holding acrylic to wood.

2 Likes

I used clear gorilla glue. When you add clamps (binder clips) it smashes it well enough to take out all the bubbles and you can’t see it at all…

4 Likes

Clear Gorilla Glue will be added to the shopping list. Lol

Thanks!

2 Likes

Cool!

2 Likes

I’m sure they will love this. Who doesn’t love a maze!?

2 Likes