A meter for our dog's "business"

We always strive to be sure that our Dachshund, Quigley, has “done his business” before we run errands and leave him alone in the house. But sometimes there’s a question about it.

To bring clarity to that issue, I designed a “Quigley Crap Meter” that we can increment and reset easily. Made from acrylic, it’s about 4 inches square and 1/2" thick.

The dial only goes up to “5” but I figure if we hit that number then it no longer matters.

43 Likes

This is very cute and practical at the same time. Thanks for sharing, you may just have inspired and solved a similar problem for someone else.

13 Likes

Plus the balloon dachshund is adorable!

10 Likes

I thought so too! And even a balloon “poop”!

8 Likes

That’s so practical…and very hilarious!

9 Likes

Looks great

7 Likes

See and I thought it was a rating system…

The Moldavian judges are particularly tough.

16 Likes

Great idea! So cute!

4 Likes

So fun! Great project

3 Likes

Definitely a practical cut!

4 Likes

Ohmygosh, that balloon dog image is just hysterical! I love the counter idea too.

3 Likes

I’m almost afraid to ask, but what are you counting? Umm “sessions” or “product”?

I’m a dog person but I’ve never had to quantify things so carefully. Is quigley ok and this is just a way to be sure nothing slips through the cracks or does he have some sort of special need?

4 Likes

We’re counting product here, not sessions. Just trying to avoid an unpleasant discovery (usually in the den) upon returning to the house.

Part of the problem (before making the meter) is that he is let out by different people who may not necessarily pass along his status, so this just makes it public.

9 Likes

Yeah that totally makes sense about having multiple people in charge of his schedule. Too easy to lose track.

4 Likes

No kidding. @snowgrains I’ve been trying to think of a simple “Bamboozler” wherein I can keep track of my cats’ meals. I know they’ve bamboozled me before (esp when the time changed!). Thanks for the inspiration!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome, @kelley1 ! I’d posted this on Facebook and one of my friends who has 2 dogs was raving about it.

I think I’m going to make a new version with a number wheel on either side and personalize it for her as a gift.

3 Likes

I love this. I need to make some for my therapy clients so they have something they can use to rate their anxiety during trauma processing.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! That’s a great idea. I hope you find a lot of inspiration here, and show us what you’ve made.

2 Likes

I have been planning on making a similar “counter” for making sure I clean out the stupid screen in the dishwasher. won’t be doing any poop related graphics to be sure. :slight_smile:

Looks great!

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s interesting how one project spawns others.

I’m now looking at creating a device that will make sure we regularly water some shrubs that we just planted. Just love making stuff like this!

2 Likes