A new title for Dan

I just thought of a new title for @dan. Chief Enthusiasm Officer! I mean he is CEO. Think this fits? From what I know of the videos and posts, I vote for the change. :+1: - Rich

25 Likes

How @dan became CEO of Glowforge:

A CEO throwing a party takes his executives on a tour of his opulent mansion. In the back of the property, the CEO has the largest swimming pool any of them has ever seen. The huge pool, however, is filled with hungry alligators. The CEO says to his guests “I think an executive should be measured by courage. Courage is what made me CEO. So this is my challenge to each of you: if anyone has enough courage to dive into the pool, swim through those alligators, and make it to the other side, I will give that person anything they desire. My job, my money, my house, anything!”

Everyone laughs at the outrageous offer and they proceed to follow the CEO on the tour of the estate.

Suddenly, they hear a loud splash. Everyone turns around and sees dan in the pool, swimming for his life.

He dodges the alligators left and right and makes it to the edge of the pool with seconds to spare. He pulls himself out just as a huge alligator snaps at his shoes.

The flabbergasted CEO approaches him and says, “You are an amazing man! I’ve never seen courage like that in my life! Anything I have is yours. Tell me what I can do for you?”

Dan, panting for breath, looks up and says, “You can tell me who the hell pushed me into the pool!!”

:crocodile::wink:

27 Likes

OM Gosh! That sounds about right. Good one @Jules. :grinning: - Rich

4 Likes

…and now to pay tribute to the CEO that gave him everything, @dan has that same pool in his yard full of alligators.

The only difference… He strapped lasers to their heads…

Bond: “Do you expect me to talk?”

Dan: “Nooooooo Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!”

8 Likes

Aw, shucks. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I say Chief Enthusiasm Officer because I think @dan could sell sand in Arabia and Ice in Siberia (in the Winter). How else could there be so many (other wise sane) people plunk down thousands of $$ a year ago, endure two shipping delays and still be loyal? I would say that it is a belief in @dan and his merry band of engineers and artists. From all accounts they are producing something incredible…something awesome, something the industry has never seen, and tapped a market the industry has ignored. I am one of those believers. I plunked down $4800 and will wait another 5 months for a chance to open up a whole new world of creativity. :pray::pray::pray: - Rich

9 Likes

Good one - that really did me LOL.

1 Like