A new (to me) wordle variant: Qwertle

This one is interesting, when you guess a word it tells you how close the letter in each spot is to the correct letter physically on the keyboard. You can change the color scheme but I use the one called stoplight.

So for instance if you were to guess a letter in the first spot that comes back as bright red that’s indication that you’re really far away from the correct letter. If it’s a bright green then you’re very close to the correct letter, and if it’s white it’s the right letter in the right spot. Here’s my result from today:

QWERTLE #655 3/6
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
https://qwertle.friedman.in/

16 Likes

If you want to get super art nerdy there’s also one to guess color hex codes

7 Likes

Yeah I tried that a while ago and was baaad at it :wink:

And here I thought I knew my hex codes.

5 Likes

These are fun.

4 Likes

What’s funny is that I’m guessing someone who hunts and pecks would be better at this than a touch typer!

3 Likes

I missed the “on a qwerty keyboard” part. I’m adding it to my games for the next few days to see how I like it.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s kind of on probation with me too as I get used to it and figure out if it’s fun enough to keep playing. I’ve only done three days so far, and it’s interesting anyway.

5 Likes

They are iterating new features very quickly.

Just today they added a practice mode where you can just play random words that they throw at you. A good way to get a little bit better at playing.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.