If you look far enough into my past posts, you will find this teaser image I threw in. (Well, it was my storage, with a teaser of a project I was on. Some more or less guessed the project, too. Darn you smart folks.)
The focal point of the project is, of course, on that second shelf, and weeding the masking was a bear,
Pretty, but kinda boring, too. Enter this lunatic.
Now that is kinda pretty with the metallic watercolors, but I then learned through playing with it that redoing the outlines in black really makes the colors pop…
Some of the colors could use a little touch-up, but overall quite happy with the outcome. While I had started the black with toothpicks, needles, and black acrylic paint, I discovered an extra fine tip oil paint pen, which really worked wonders.