A project a LONG time in the coming

If you look far enough into my past posts, you will find this teaser image I threw in. (Well, it was my storage, with a teaser of a project I was on. Some more or less guessed the project, too. Darn you smart folks.)

The focal point of the project is, of course, on that second shelf, and weeding the masking was a bear,

Pretty, but kinda boring, too. Enter this lunatic.

Now that is kinda pretty with the metallic watercolors, but I then learned through playing with it that redoing the outlines in black really makes the colors pop…

Some of the colors could use a little touch-up, but overall quite happy with the outcome. While I had started the black with toothpicks, needles, and black acrylic paint, I discovered an extra fine tip oil paint pen, which really worked wonders.

60 Likes

Beautiful! I’ve been having fun coloring things I’ve engraved, too. The possibilities with these machines are endless!

6 Likes

Wow! That’s stunning! (And I love dragons.) :sunglasses::+1:

6 Likes

Coloring pages are the bee’s knees, to be sure. They make EVERYTHING so much fun.

4 Likes

I love dragons, too. Dragons, wolves, cats, and hedgies account for probably 90% of my projects.

5 Likes

Skill coupled with patience equals AMAZING!

2 Likes

Patience is a native talent. My biggest skill for this one is being able to stay inside the lines at least 53% of the time, and fake it another 27% of the time.

6 Likes

(Hedgies feature high on the list because of @Jules and 2 of my other friends.)

2 Likes

Wow! That is a beautiful piece. I love the design and the colors you selected.

2 Likes

Of course? Where else would you find such a high “adorableness” factor? :wink:

5%20-%20Copy

15 Likes

Sort of like an amazing paint-by-number, only all the numbers are in your head. Like everyone else…what’s not to like about dragons and coloring. Beautiful work!

3 Likes

Really awesome! The magnifiers that I have drive my eyes nuts. Are yours easier on the eyes?

1 Like

Gorgeous work.

1 Like

Yeah, when the numbers are in my head, I can never get it wrong.

2 Likes

An exceptional dragon! Beautiful job on your painting!

Wow!

That looks amazing! What patience to actually sit and paint all of that.

1 Like

Really beautiful!

major perfectionist. Comes in handy sometimes.

1 Like

Very nice! Nothing like a sharp mental focus to clear the mind. Beautiful result!

1 Like