A project I could sink my teeth into

Another “practical” use for my Glowforge… While helping out in my husbands dental practice, I discovered that teeth are numbered. I just couldn’t , for the life of me, remember what those numbers were. :stuck_out_tongue: Now I can!

29 Likes

Ah, number 32. I remember it well.

Cute sign!

8 Likes

Cute!

1 Like

Now that’s a practical use! (And I’m sure the customers appreciate it!) :smile:

1 Like

That’s really taking a bite out of a project.

2 Likes

This is great! :grin:

Just out of curiosity, do dentists and hygienists really expect their patients to keep up with statements like “well, you’ve got some plaque back here on 18, and we need to keep an eye on 2 & 3 in the future?”

3 Likes

Awesome…(what settings do you use to make a cavity?):astonished:

3 Likes

Speaking of dentists & hygienists - they give you a sample toothbrush and tell you to brush for 2 minutes but then you buy an electric of one model or another and they still tell you to brush for 2 minutes. Why isn’t the electric something like 15 seconds since it’s spinning those bristles way faster than you could by hand?

Inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

Well, my husband is an Endodontist so we are usually “one and done”. An occasional repeat customer. We don’t throw the numbers around too much. We just nag them to get the tooth crowned after they see us! :wink:

1 Like

Oh, that’s easy. SD engrave unless you want a really deep cavity that’s on the verge of needing a root canal, than go for HD engrave!

3 Likes

Fair enough. Maybe it’s just the practice I go to… :smile:

3 Likes