A (proper) display Fairy Door

Turns out my mom LOVED the Hobbit Hole and wanted some fairy doors (that’s what actually got me started down the path of doing Tinkerbell) and although Tink did turn out good, it just didn’t satisfy the itch to do a fairy door like I wanted. I will probably still do some simple, blank ones that she can color how she wants and whatnot, but I had to make her a proper display one that she can put with her Unicorns.

Having learned my lesson about gravity from the Hobbit hole, the mushroom and jar of dandelions on the front are adhered to the door and serve as feet to keep it upright when it’s open.

Thanks for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

60 Likes

A gorgeous project. I love the heart window!!!

6 Likes

Clever.

5 Likes

Great project!

3 Likes

You have a fabulous design sense, and you are getting more 3D all the time. Love the clever feet you gave to the door.

4 Likes

The door stops are a great modification to your original idea- it’s lovely!

3 Likes

Well that was a simple solution to keeping the door open and not having the whole thing tip over! Great job!

3 Likes

What a gorgeous and clever design!

3 Likes

How beautiful; I like the way you designed it to stay up when open.

Perhaps for Easter you can put an easter egg behind the door?

4 Likes

I’m SURE I could find a decent Rick Astley…

2 Likes

:laughing: That’s hilarious!

This blows my mind with beautifulness!

I love this one! It’s so pretty! I love to print fairy doors in advance, and save them for the times that we lose electricity during/after storms. Print some fairy doors, buy a pack of acrylic paint pens, and keep girls occupied for hours. This is a fantastic design. Excellent job.

3 Likes