A Puzzle Box ... 4 years in the making!

I don’t think it is either, but I think it is more tHan most people would/could pay.

Thanks everyone for the great advice! I’ve decided to just publish the Fusion plans for anyone who wants. If you use it, please just send me a picture.

In the future, maybe I’ll design another that’s easier to manufacture and share.

Here’s the fusion drawing:

4 Likes

Holy smokes, that’s amazingly generous!

Can we cut it on our Glowforge from the fusion file? Or do we need to convert to svg or something?

The fusion file is complex and has nearly all the pieces designed. It’s a mix of GF laser layers, 3d printed parts, and then a bunch of hardware (springs, screws, posts, bearings.

Putting together full instructions and laying out all the cuts is a pretty major project which I have on my list.

If you’re proficient with Fusion360 (anyone can get a free hobby license) then you can extract the SVGs from each part. The easiest way to do so is using the Shaper Utilities plugin (https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=3662665235866169729)

The drawing isn’t 100% complete, as it doesn’t include all the screws and springs. As-is it will take a little elbow grease to recreate.

3 Likes

I updated the original post with some more notes on materials and tools. Hope it’s helpful.

3 Likes