A Quick Fix, If you have Premium 😁

I was trying out a new design and had not accounted sufficiently for kerf so it was a bit loose when assembled so I used Outline and set the distance to 0.003, removed the original, and cut it again on that outline, now it was a bit too tight so I set the same outline to .002 and went again and perfection with too many cuts but very fast and easy.
:grin:

23 Likes

Great tip, thanks!

4 Likes

That is pretty cool. So, if you had something that was too loose, would it work to set the offset to a negative number?

1 Like

The opposite of that. If it was too tight and everything was set to cut it again you could make it a negative number. If too loose you would offset it a positive number and have to re-cut it.

3 Likes

I had just figured this out the other day (honest, not here to steal your glory!). It’s worked well for me. Thanks for posting!

3 Likes

There are all sorts of things that a logical approach will lead you to. The idea that there is ownership of that is weird at best, and often even stolen at worst. There is no clear line. I figured out a use for what I had no part in creating and have sought to share it with everyone else. The only “glory” (or “good boy!”) that can be said about it (and barely that) is the sharing and not the figuring.

4 Likes

My whole statement was simply to say thanks for sharing. I suppose I could have been a lot more succinct by just saying, “Thanks for sharing” but, that isn’t how my brain works.
As far as being weird well, if I had a dollar…

1 Like

I was explaining only that I was claiming no ownership over the application of someone else’s efforts. By weird, I was thinking of the cases of the Neem tree and the Tumeric root where something that was of common use was patented and sold as a “new use”, or the guy growing potatoes and eating them like potatoes baked or boiled and selling them to folks to eat similarly, happened to have genetics patented by Frito-Lay in their potato chips, that won a lawsuit for many times his net worth.

There are many less dramatic cases like company NDC agreements that If you make an invention 20 years later they can claim is theirs, including the way Disney operates in every direction. And that is just nipping about the edges of weird.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.