A repair made fun with my Glowforge

That’s perfect!

8 Likes

What a fun way to fix an error! I’m going to have to remember that! And for me, the “sewer” is perfectly fitting, as usually when I do something wrong I say, “Oh cr**.” (didn’t want to offend anyone. :sweat_smile:)

10 Likes

Great idea and great execution!

7 Likes

Obsessed with this fun idea- wish I had had my laser & this idea for the ugly holes in my vintage jewelers bench that I used to work from every day :laughing:

9 Likes

Never would have happened if you hadn’t drilled that hole in the wrong place!
I have a few ‘recoveries’ that turned out to be a serious upgrade because of a mistake. I love this! Thanks for sharing that. :sunglasses:

Still got the bench? I do very little precious metal jewelry work anymore, but I would never part with my bench and the tools that fill it. I still use those, particularly the Foredom handpieces and the bits for them.

12 Likes

Would be better to say “fabric artist”?

8 Likes

I would have put “lost screws” instead of sewer :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Very entertaining and practical!

7 Likes

I prefer “sewista”.

8 Likes

In Spanish sure!

5 Likes

Tool synergy at its finest. Nicely done.

16 Likes

No, I hated to give it up but I sold my entire jewelers shop all to one person, kiln and all, after I got such bad carpal tunnel from sawing and hammering metals every day. Didn’t have the space to keep it all just for hobby play, after I got out of full time art shows. but I bought my laser right after that & it’s been a great thing to pivot to!

10 Likes

Yes, same for me. The laser was my introduction to CNC and its precision - Robots. Used to be if you put the tool down things stopped happening. 3D printing has also given me a lot of creative possibilities.

8 Likes

In my experience, if you put a tool down it wanders off!

10 Likes

Which is why my shop looks like a grenade went off in it.

8 Likes

There is only one solution for this. Saturation. Pencils, razer knives, and squares. Get enough of them that they can’t all hide at once.

12 Likes

If it feels insulted. or ignored it takes revenge! Though sometimes after a year or two they get lonely and show back up.

9 Likes

Tape measures, calipers, and tape too.

8 Likes

The trouble with this is they gang up, form a tribe and run off together. Then when they come back they’re everywhere and hiding the ones who never left.

I used to get 1 of everything for each work area. Now I’ve got lots of many things and can’t find the things I just set down :pleading_face:

11 Likes

All the time! :roll_eyes: I am sitting in a chair and putting something aside while paying attention to something that needs more attention while my hand is full. Then 3 minutes later I need the thing that was in my hand. The thing cannot have gone beyond my reach but it will often disappear for hours or days.

8 Likes