A small collage of great symbols

I share with you a work I did for the recognition of the past presidents of the professional organization chapter to which I belong. This was for the 75th anniversary celebration. The piece includes images of important buildings representative of the history of the engineering profession in our towns.

I used 1/8 " cedar wood that I found in the dumpster in a local lumberyard, cut and engrave each piece individually and then assembled them using crazyglue . At the end I changed one of the pieces for 1/8" acrylic and I think it helped to highlight the logo better.

Then I put it on a piece of 2x4 of 9 inches.

Hope you like it!

IMG_5836

37 Likes

So cool. The depth of the different layers really makes the piece. Love the fact that you upcycled wood from the dumpster as well. Nice work.

3 Likes

Wow, that is just stunning! Lovely trophy! :grinning:

2 Likes

Your description of how you did it makes it seem easy but the results look like you are significantly understating the effort. It’s amazing. just wow!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comments. Here some pictures of several pieces before assembling it and another of the first attempt with all the pieces in wood.

6 Likes

I think your decision to switch the logo to acrylic was a master stroke. It gives it a sort of over-arching feel to the logo.
John :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Wow, way to recycle! It’s a lovely design.

1 Like

Love the depth and love that you used dumpster wood. We should all do more of that.

2 Likes

What a great idea. I think the piece looks great. Sooooo much better than a certificate or a generic plaque. Personalized gifts are the best!

1 Like

Really great job on this!

1 Like