A small collage of great symbols

I share with you a work I did for the recognition of the past presidents of the professional organization chapter to which I belong. This was for the 75th anniversary celebration. The piece includes images of important buildings representative of the history of the engineering profession in our towns.

I used 1/8 " cedar wood that I found in the dumpster in a local lumberyard, cut and engrave each piece individually and then assembled them using crazyglue . At the end I changed one of the pieces for 1/8" acrylic and I think it helped to highlight the logo better.

Then I put it on a piece of 2x4 of 9 inches.

Hope you like it!

37 Likes

So cool. The depth of the different layers really makes the piece. Love the fact that you upcycled wood from the dumpster as well. Nice work.

3 Likes

Wow, that is just stunning! Lovely trophy! :grinning:

2 Likes

Your description of how you did it makes it seem easy but the results look like you are significantly understating the effort. It’s amazing. just wow!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your comments. Here some pictures of several pieces before assembling it and another of the first attempt with all the pieces in wood.

6 Likes

I think your decision to switch the logo to acrylic was a master stroke. It gives it a sort of over-arching feel to the logo.
John :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Wow, way to recycle! It’s a lovely design.

1 Like

Love the depth and love that you used dumpster wood. We should all do more of that.

2 Likes

What a great idea. I think the piece looks great. Sooooo much better than a certificate or a generic plaque. Personalized gifts are the best!

1 Like

Really great job on this!

1 Like