A Song from the past

Ugh - Happy Groundhog Day…

Made me think of an old song I haven’t heard in a long time, so wanted to share.
Lyrics are NSFW - It’s 40 below and I don’t give a f$%#

Stay Warm,
HL

15 Likes

Oh wow, that’s crazy. It’s 52 in Missouri which is also crazy in January!

11 Likes

Yowzer! and for the humans I’m guessing windchill makes that worse. We’ve gone from 20s to high 40s low 50s in a week so… weather is weird.

6 Likes

After a week, it’s not really ‘cold’ anymore, it’s closer to ‘the absence of heat’. But having the air so, heavy, is also a strange experience.

10 Likes

I remember our youngest daughter sharing pics of the temps when she lived there. Too cold for me, but she loved it. It’s a balmy 61 here in East Tennessee right now. Then we drop off down to the mid-40s. I can handle that. Stay warm and safe!

6 Likes

Brrrr!

5 Likes

Is that Fahrenheit??? I’m struggling to leave the house when it’s 38 degrees Fahrenheit… looking at your post makes me want to crawl back into bed and hybernate for the rest of winter.

8 Likes

Our high was 70°F today. :sunny:

7 Likes

Why am I hearing something about a guy named Sam McGee?

2 Likes

Huh?

1 Like

Not sure what the link is, but they both were played on Dr. Demento. I didn’t know either but my SO recognized both immediately :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, now I get why you are calling yourself High Latitude!

5 Likes

Yes, This ^^^^^^^
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edit: well the one above that by @deirdrebeth

2 Likes

I really like the video but they left out so much of it.

2 Likes

That of course brings up another song…

3 Likes

Hahahaha! I didn’t know that either!

4 Likes

That was a fun one, thx. Robert Service is required reading for all Alaskans. :slight_smile:

‘Warming’ up now. Thankfully. Some pics from the last couple days just for fun. The Ice Fog was getting pretty thick -

Atleast the sun came out -

The post office got a little frosty. The ceiling heater was crankin away, but not able to keep up at these temps. That’s why they call it an ‘Arctic’ Entry - :slight_smile:

Fun times…

HL

8 Likes

@deirdrebeth - never heard that before. Kinda creepy!
@rbtdanforth - that song I have heard before. I always liked listening to Johnny Horton sing.
@High_Latitude - I love those pics. Our daughter used to send us some like that. She really loved it up there, but when her husband got out of the Army, they moved back to where they owned their house in NE Nevada. When we visited, it was in June and again in July. My husband hated the 24-hr daylight. I loved it. But it might be because although the base house our daughter lived in had black-out curtains in the bedroom, there was no A/C and even with the windows open, it was really stuffy with the heavy curtains. It was hard to get used to seeing kids outside playing on a trampoline at 2:30 am though. :smile:

1 Like

I shared your pictures with my friend who now lives in Ohio, but spent the last 20+ in Sitka. That’s still ~1,000 miles from Fairbanks, but it’s a lot closer than Ohio!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.