A Springtime Window

This was the fourth and final design in my “Seasons” series. The other three were purchased by GF and are available in the Catalog. Alas, this one is in limbo, as they have not accepted it. Nor have they rejected it, so I can’t give away or sell the design to anyone else.

UPDATED 6/23/22 - Good news! The file was published today (2nd day of Summer😉) and is available in the Catalog:

40 Likes

I like it. Is the rainbow painted or inlaid?

5 Likes

I engraved the back of the acrylic and inked it with alcohol pens. I thought it came out pretty good.

9 Likes

That’s really pretty! Hopefully GF will add it to the collection!!!

3 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

I need to read things more carefully. LOL
quickly edits the post hahahaha

So the alcohol ink didn’t run off the engraved sections? Can you see through the ink if you have it up to the light?
How many “coats” did have to use? Sorry for the 20 questions lol (ok 3). I have some ideas that I was working on finding various solutions for and this might be something I can try, so I’m really curious!

2 Likes

Have you ever wondered just how long one needs to wait for them? I have a pair of earrings that were never accepted nor published and the were submitted in October 2021! I really don’t have any other plans to do anything with the design, but it’s rather annoying to have them held up for that long. A more recent one submitted in Feb. has still not seen the light of day, either.

2 Likes

I just wish they would give a clear yes or no. When asked they always say it’s “in process.”

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. It’s frustrating.

1 Like

My passport wallet was submitted in October 2021. I inquired about it recently, and it was published in the last push of items-but it’s in the catalog where it would’ve been if they published it in October 2021. So you can always email and ask, it might help it along, or at least they can give you a yes or no on it.

3 Likes

Update: Just heard from the Design team asking me to resubmit with updated assembly instructions.

5 Likes

I’ll take your suggestion. I’ve always held back from even asking them as they usually give no answers that are helpful at all. Thanks.

1 Like

Ah yeah, the last time was the same huh? I’ve been pretty lucky.

1 Like

I just sent them an email…we shall see…and I will share the response.

Whoops… would have sworn I responded yesterday.

I applied two coats and the colors seem opaque. The colored areas are tiny, so light bleeds around the engraves, making it hard to be 100% sure. It certainly covers better than it would on unengraved acrylic.

3 Likes

As I expected;
“Thanks so much for checking in with us and for sharing that information. I’ve looked into your submission and can confirm that our team has received it. As soon as our team has reviewed your design, you will receive another email with their decision.”

The email had the options of clicking ‘yes or no’…did they help me with my problem, so I did send feedback that the problem was not with the rep who responded but with the relatively non-communicative system regarding catalog design submissions.

My simple pair of earrings from October, 2021 are still pending acceptance. Seems ridiculous.

3 Likes