A use for old blue jeans

I am currently reading Matt Kenney’s “52 boxes in 52 weeks” (which I highly recommend if you have a box fetish like I do). One of his suggestions for finishing boxes is to line the inner bottom with fabric, it gives a nice bit of color when the box is opened. I immediately thought about ordering some fabric, when it hit me: I have a couple pairs of pants I have outgrown (thank you lockdown) and denim is fun to print on.

So after a bit of experimentation…

The boxes themselves are off the CNC, but the top of the blue one is lasered and dyed.

Anyway… blue jeans cool!

67 Likes

nice. what did you use to dye them?

4 Likes

Awesome project

3 Likes

The blue top was done with a diluted FolkArt Ultra Dye. I need to do a sanding sealer next time. The white streaks are from the grain of the wood.

5 Likes

Would sanding sealer prevent the streaks?

1 Like

That’s my thinking. It should make things absorb evenly.

Great use for blue jeans.

2 Likes

Very resourceful, great idea!

2 Likes

Inspirational for sure! Nice project! Where are the other 51 boxes?

2 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

Hey that’s a great idea.

2 Likes

So nice! My husband asked me to line a project I recently made for him. I may have some jeans now that don’t fit due to sitting around the last few months :wink:

2 Likes

The Covid 19 refers to the amount of weight we can all expect to put on during this mess. :slight_smile:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/business/unilever-ice-cream-deodorant-trnd/index.html

4 Likes

I’m also a fan of Matt’s book… (And Matt’s snarky attitude in general, but that’s another topic)

These are great, love the adaptation of jeans for these boxes!

3 Likes