A Weekend on the Water

The in-laws had a little vacation spot out at Lake Coeur d’Alene, so we headed out that way for the weekend.

View from the deck

Out for a morning cruise on the wave runner.

Yeah, I’m probably getting one of these before next year’s trip! Anyone got a decent used one for sale?! :wink:

The nieces trying to stand on the raft being pulled behind the pontoon boat.

I pulled a cousin on a slice of pizza behind the wave runner. He held on for a really long time.

I tried skiing behind the waverunner as well, but they had a flagger on the back of it, and I don’t think it had enough power to really get me out of the water. I almost got up a couple of times though.

All in all a fun weekend. I look forward to next year.

Lake Coeur d’Alene is beautiful.

24 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun!:smile::smile:

2 Likes

that looks like a blast!

my preferred lake boat is the party boat (i.e. pontoon boat) because it’s harder to flip, doesn’t go too fast, and plenty of room for the cooler.

3 Likes

Enough people and nude sunbathing can fix that for you:

5 Likes

100% never going to be an issue for me, nobody needs to see this

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile: Never go full nude. Lmao

3 Likes

The pontoon boat was certainly fun. It is what my grandpa had when I was a kid… but I need some speed/power. I also don’t need a big boat. I imagine for most of these trips the in-laws will rent or borrow a boat. I can just bring my toys.

I’m thinking about one of these:

4 Likes

Get a hovercraft. Won’t pull skiers but you can do 40mph or more on the water. During the winter you can run it on the ice at 70mph :slight_smile:

I had one for years but my wife made me sell it when I added another motorcycle to the collection. Wasn’t too bad though, the buyer gave me another bike - his wife made him get rid of it when he got what was his second hovercraft :grinning: I ended up with 3 bikes and a bike barn.

But flying on the water or ice is not to be forgotten! Wicked fun.

5 Likes

Sounds like it would be… but where I live in WA there isn’t a lot of ice to fly across, so a hovercraft wouldn’t be likely to see any more action than a Sea-Doo would… plus the Sea-Doo will also do 50 in the water. :wink:

But you can’t run the Sea-Doo through the fields :slight_smile:

1 Like