A West Highland White Terrier Christmas

A couple months ago, an angel ( @arh2 ) sent me a private message and surprised me with this incredibly designed ornament.

I part of @arh2 ‘s heart now lives in my home.

The smallest one is a brooch and it is only 2 1/4 inches in height. I designed it with resin, Swarovski crystals and engraved Westie paws. I wanted the brooch to have a vintage appearance and perhaps it could have been purchased from a Parisian antique store.

The golden framed Westie is 4 1/4 inches in height.

Finally the large one is called A Whimsey Westie—- height 13 1/2 inches.

Thank you @arh2 for your time and creativity!! I love you dearly!!!

35 Likes

Who’s a good boy?

6 Likes

Exquisite!

4 Likes

Wow!!! Love what you’ve done! They are all so adorable… but the Swarovski one is my favorite… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Awwww, isn’t that cute? Merry Christmas to you too!

3 Likes

Awww, you are funny!

1 Like

Did you use the crystals with adhesive on that you heat up with a heating wand? I’m planning something using them and wondering how it will work.

1 Like

Yes, I used Swarovski hotfix. The bigger crystals are super duper easy to adhere to wood, leather, etc.

It is the tiny ones that cause a MIGRAINE. You do not have to purchase the Swarovski crystals. I wanted them because this was a special project.

I needed a new hotfix tool and I ordered an AMAZING kit from Amazon. It is an inclusive kit. I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

I didn’t buy the kit, but thru one together that has most of what you have. I’ll be trying it out soon I hope.

2 Likes

Some adorable work here!

After our Yorkie died, I’d sometimes keep a wonderful little Westie named Sophie when her family went out of town. We loved her and she always seemed so happy to visit us.

3 Likes

I remember you sharing your Westie story.

I have been very fortunate and blessed to have loved many wonderful animal companions but there is just something so different with a Westie.

They have this attitude and it is called Westitude. They love to protest and you will fall over laughing when they are protesting.

Jimmy Wayne Westie is not living in my world — we are living in his. If we could afford it —-I would own a 10,000 square-foot home and have 20 Westies.

I truly feel and believe—- I am the wealthiest woman in Knoxville because I have a wonderful husband of 25 years and two beautiful dogs who allow me to love and care for them.

Every single day I wake up to make their lives better.

3 Likes