A Woman Living Here Has Registered To Vote

I saw the original of this sign, from 1919, and couldn’t wait to recreate it for myself!
I’m going to put it in our front window through election season.
Built in Illustrator, it’s Proofgrade Draftboard mounted on markerboard.
Measures about 10x18

79 Likes

Awesome!
I love vintage signs…

4 Likes

That is really neat! Cool design!

3 Likes

Excellent! Good to remind ourselves it wasn’t too long ago women were not allowed to vote.

3 Likes

That is spectacular!

2 Likes

That’s a really cool sign! Your watermark, Pew Pew Lasercraft, is just as awesome! :heart:

1 Like

Always a true statement.

1 Like

I never would have thought to use marker board as a backer piece, but I will now! This looks great!

1 Like

Love it!!

1 Like

The sort of design everyone should make and distribute as widely as possible

I love this so much! Beautifully done!

I like the aspect ratio of your version. The original always felt a little horizontally squished to me.

Is there s a my way you might share the illustrator file? This is something I simply must make.

It is against forum guidelines to request peoples designs.

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

4 Likes

I’ll happily compensate her for her time I don’t need the hall monitor to tell me I done did wrong. :roll_eyes:

Welcome to the forum! Rest assured there was no ill intent, we just try to keep this a safe place to share so we can see as many cool projects as possible. Some designers choose to share their files in the free section, it’s overflowing with great stuff.

4 Likes

You agreed to the terms of use when you signed up.
https://community.glowforge.com/faq#stealing

If you don’t agree to them, you’re welcome to stick to Facebook or similar.

1 Like

Great work!

2 Likes

Nice Job. Love the sign. I was wondering, did you place the top pieces by hand or did you use some sort of guide to make sure it was so cleanly laid out.

That is so cool, I’m going to make one for my front porch. Thanks for the idea, you did a great job!

1 Like