A10 Airplane

Someone had asked in another post whether there was an A10 Airplane model available. Looking online there do seem to be some flat versions available but I was inspired to try something more dimensional by the F117 model someone else gave away earlier.

So here is my version. You may want to add guns, munitions, or fuel tanks under the wings… I mostly just wanted to see if I could capture the geometry.
A10 Tank Killer Final - no guns

Let me know if you have any questions.

53 Likes

Wow that looks so awesome! I have no clue how to design 3d items. ill have to try this sometime.

8 Likes

It uses a surprisingly small amount of material so pretty low barrier to entry to print. You will need glue to assemble it… though probably not as much as I used in the pictures :wink: I was in a rush.

7 Likes

You have made a very nice first impression. Welcome and thank you.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your generous share. I hope you will continue to be a presence here.

7 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement. I’ve been very impressed by the community and the willingness of gifted creators to share their designs. We are capable of great things when we work together.

I’m learning as I go along and hopefully by sharing designs like this people can provide constructive feedback on improvements. This geometry took 3 iterations of design before I could print the above plan. I almost gave up. I was surprised it assembled without issues given how fussy the overlapping geometry was in the design stage.

Paranthetically, for anyone wanting to build this, the spacing is reliant on 3mm material.

I’m thinking my next design will be a spider scare box which I will definitely share when complete.

9 Likes

Very cool. Thank You!

6 Likes

This looks amazing! Thanks for the share!

6 Likes

This turned out great

5 Likes

Thanks for the share. Great design

4 Likes

Nice design work! Your efforts paid off!

2 Likes

really cool.

my neighbor flew them!

3 Likes

That must have been something. I’ve been to a few airshows where they were present and they are impressive.

They make a pretty iconic burrrrrrrrrp sound when firing rounds.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Looking forward to the spider box.

2 Likes

Great job. Very recognizable. Thanks for the share.

3 Likes

Great job. If you have ever had to rely on one of these you would never forget that day. Great plane with great pilots. Slow and low flying ground support aircraft built around a BIG gun and yes, as you said, a very distinct sound. It actually slows the plane down when it fires it’s 30mm gun. I’m a big fan.

1 Like