ACK ACK Mars Attack!

Jut a simple little LED thingy, but it made me laugh.

70 Likes

I don’t have enough likes for this! Amazing work!

4 Likes

Very nice

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

wire that up to a motion sensor and when I entered a dark room I’d jump.

5 Likes

Very cool … I like that the shape traces the words … Makes them stand out more.

3 Likes

+1

i feel like more people need to consider shape traces on their side lit LEDs. i see a lot of round/oval/square sheets of acrylic that would be better designs if the outer shape of the acrylic sheet bore some relationship to the design inside.

7 Likes

I gave another like on Facebook, but still not enough!

1 Like

Do not run! I am your friend!
:rofl:

1 Like

Awesome! It came out fantastic! I haven’t been brave enough to try grayscale on an edge lit piece yet. Was it set to vary power?

1 Like

That’s a spooky level of amazing!

Wow. That has a real 3D effect going on. Crazy amount of shading variance for acrylic. Nice job!

I wish I didn’t remember my girlfriend-at-the-time and I walking around saying “Ack ack ack” for like months after that movie. I still catch myself saying it here and there. And I don’t think I’ve seen the movie since it was in the theaters! Addicting!

4 Likes

Thanks so much, now you get brave and give it a go! :stuck_out_tongue: Yes, was the 3D setting which is just vary power.

2 Likes

Thanks Tom. I haven’t seen the movie for ages and now I’m walking around yelling Ack Ack at my husband lol. I’m going to have to track it down and give it another watch now.

4 Likes

That looks amazing! May I ask where you got the LED base?

Thanks a bunch. :slight_smile: I’ve had the bases about 7 months so I don’t remember exactly which one I got them at, but I buy most my LED stuff at Bangood.com and DHGate.com.