Acoustic guitar miniature

Very nice design and the cherry is stunning.

3 Likes

Here’s my mini Mando. Yes, I have no banana but a penny will have to do. It’s 3" long and about 1 1/5" wide. Again…too bad there are no strings…that would make it look complete. I hand traced this from the original patent drawing. It’s made from PG cherry. Even though it’s being posted in free laser designs, I’m not offering the file because it’s sort of a PITA right now. :smile:

Found a similar style of Victorian artwork to substitute for what shows in the image…plus one for the back, which is conjecture on my part about what the back might look like. I wanted to put a teeny tiny label inside, but the font would have been unreadable.

Used antique gold Rub n’ Buff to add some extra bling to various parts

13 Likes

Whoa! I can’t believe you got that little cherub on there! (Best one yet!)

3 Likes

That makes me laugh! I think he/she looks like one leg is missing, but he/she is playing a tiny mandolin, so I had to use that one.

3 Likes

It’s adorable! Looking forward to the final version!

2 Likes

That’s outstanding! Love the little cherub…
Have you tried scoring lines on clear acrylic? It gives the illusion of strings ( search for my harp).

2 Likes

Um thanks…but that is the final version! Ha ha! :grimacing: :grinning:

I did look at it and it looks great…what a good idea. I can’t quite picture though how that would work on an instrument like a mando or guitar. It would create an entire new layer that would make it even thicker. Also, on a real harp, the strings are actually in between the layers of the frame, while on a guitar they are on the top. Maybe I’m missing a thought process though…I have been known to do that before. :thinking:

1 Like

You’re right of course, I was trying to envision it too… maybe 1/16 ?

1 Like

At that scale a very light score would give the illusion of strings perhaps?

3 Likes

…now I’m thinking very fine fishing line. Though, my hands aren’t as nimble anymore. hmmmm…

1 Like

Oops. Must have read that too fast; for some reason I got the idea you were going to rework the file. :flushed:

2 Likes

No worries. You were probably thinking about when I made the little @arh2 guitar, when I said I was ‘still working’ on the mando.

2 Likes

Me likeee

2 Likes