Acoustic guitar miniature

Very nice design and the cherry is stunning.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my mini Mando. Yes, I have no banana but a penny will have to do. Itā€™s 3" long and about 1 1/5" wide. Againā€¦too bad there are no stringsā€¦that would make it look complete. I hand traced this from the original patent drawing. Itā€™s made from PG cherry. Even though itā€™s being posted in free laser designs, Iā€™m not offering the file because itā€™s sort of a PITA right now. :smile:

Found a similar style of Victorian artwork to substitute for what shows in the imageā€¦plus one for the back, which is conjecture on my part about what the back might look like. I wanted to put a teeny tiny label inside, but the font would have been unreadable.

Used antique gold Rub nā€™ Buff to add some extra bling to various parts

17 Likes

Whoa! I canā€™t believe you got that little cherub on there! (Best one yet!)

3 Likes

That makes me laugh! I think he/she looks like one leg is missing, but he/she is playing a tiny mandolin, so I had to use that one.

3 Likes

Itā€™s adorable! Looking forward to the final version!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s outstanding! Love the little cherubā€¦
Have you tried scoring lines on clear acrylic? It gives the illusion of strings ( search for my harp).

2 Likes

Um thanksā€¦but that is the final version! Ha ha! :grimacing: :grinning:

I did look at it and it looks greatā€¦what a good idea. I canā€™t quite picture though how that would work on an instrument like a mando or guitar. It would create an entire new layer that would make it even thicker. Also, on a real harp, the strings are actually in between the layers of the frame, while on a guitar they are on the top. Maybe Iā€™m missing a thought process thoughā€¦I have been known to do that before. :thinking:

1 Like

Youā€™re right of course, I was trying to envision it tooā€¦ maybe 1/16 ?

1 Like

At that scale a very light score would give the illusion of strings perhaps?

3 Likes

ā€¦now Iā€™m thinking very fine fishing line. Though, my hands arenā€™t as nimble anymore. hmmmmā€¦

1 Like

Oops. Must have read that too fast; for some reason I got the idea you were going to rework the file. :flushed:

2 Likes

No worries. You were probably thinking about when I made the little @arh2 guitar, when I said I was ā€˜still workingā€™ on the mando.

2 Likes

Me likeee

2 Likes

Love it! Made the first one a little small - but itā€™s still so cuteā€¦ so I cut the top pegs off and decided it was a 4 string ukulele. Used 1/4 cherry plywood for the front and a 1/8 for the back. Stained one and used a yellow marker on the other. Added black nail polish to the pick guard. Also added scored lines for strings per my partnerā€™s suggestion.

15 Likes

Looks great - thanks for the photos!

4 Likes

Very realistic looking. Both of them look great.

4 Likes

I like that the grain in the wood looks like a highly figured (flame Maple) wood on a real guitar.

6 Likes

I love this file. Made ot for my 5 year old granddaughter. They are the perfect size for Barbie dolls.
Thank You!

3 Likes

Never thought of that, but glad it works!

2 Likes