Acrylic and Wood button trees

Hmm I wonder how small I can make these now…

2 Likes

Heh heh—I’ve had that button tree idea pinned on my Pinterest board for awhile, but your idea of making the buttons out of acrylic is truly inspired!

4 Likes

Oh thank you!

1 Like

I wouldn’t go any smaller than the ring being the thickness of the material. But you can get pretty small and use Paracord to string them.

1 Like

I see a challenge in the horizons xD fishing wire is a possibility haha.

5 Likes

I guess if you used anything over 100lb weight it would be cool.

1 Like

What a great idea!

1 Like

Many thanks C:

1 Like

Very nice. How big are they overall, wondering if something like this could translate into earrings?

Thanks

1 Like

seems like this would also be a great way to use up small acrylic scrap pieces.

2 Likes

You can back into the size pretty easily if you make a well educated assumption. If the layers are 1/8” and there appear to be 11 layers, it’s there for 11/8” tall or about 1.375”.

Now you can eyeball (or even get out a ruler and measure) the height to width ratio and you see that it’s about as wide as it is tall, so I’m guessing overall width is right about 1.1”, not less than 1” and not more than 1.375”.

It’s hard to get it more accurate than that without doing more in depth math and true measuring.

Or we can wait for @crkjelstrom to tell us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@shop they are! But I cut these out of full sheets as well. The wood buttons were from scrap maple though so that was really nice to finally use those up haha.

@dhaykus just as @evansd2 said, these are from 1/8" materials. So they are 1.375" tall not including the ribbon. They are remarkably hefty too so I wouldn’t recommended this size for earrings. Maybe if done smaller circles or less layers. I don’t know the width exactly, right now. I plan to share the file for one tree later today so keep an eye out for it.

6 Likes

Well thats a cute little design. Also would be a great use of scraps too!

7 Likes

Cute update to an old-school craft project!

3 Likes

@Goobdoob it certainly can be! Finally got to use up some of those dinky little maple pieces I’ve had for a while.

@ChristyM thank you!

2 Likes

My new reverse engineered width estimate is 1.122"

I’m guessing I am accurate to about +/- 0.04"

4 Likes

Haha you’re so funny XD It’s 1.21" so you were close!! I’m posting up the single button tree in a couple minutes.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I’ll keep a look out for them. Of course I wouldn’t outright ask for the design but I have been thinking about stacked designs since seeing some actual beads that looked stacked when I was at my local bead shop for supplies.

Thanks again.

Just in case you didn’t see it…

BTW I love the design.

3 Likes

Thanks for linking it here! I didn’t think to do that. Thanks too for the compliment C:

1 Like