Acrylic cutting with sharp edges

Any advice for acrylic cutting with burrs left behind. Not all cuts are having this issue in the same run. I cleaned my lenses decreased speed several times im at 155 Sp and FP when the PG calls for speed 167 FP that wouldn’t even cut it.
Any suggestions?

The burrs are from where the cut didn’t go completely through the acrylic to leave a clean cut. You can:

1. Clean your lenses and make sure the focus settings are correct.
  2. Make sure the sheet is perfectly flat and against the grid of the tray.
  3. Slow down the cut a little.
  4. Increase the power a little.
    Since acrylic varies a little in thickness from piece to piece, you may need to adjust the settings slightly. If this is Proofgrade, their settings should cut completely through. If it isn’t, the lenses and mirrors are likely dirty or damaged.
    I haven’t had a problem with using Proofgrade acrylic settings for 95% of the acrylic I have cut as long as the settings are appropriate for the thickness.
1 Like

I know you said you cleaned the lenses, but did you clean the mirror and the windows?

Also is that Cast acrylic?

1 Like

Yup cast acrylic and I didn’t take the head off and clean the windows and lens only the outside ones.I recently cleaned tge whole machine but I have been cutting MDF which It is so messy ill try that thank you.

1 Like

thank you

Good luck!

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.